Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~have Any Of You Thought About Leaving Here?

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    ok before I start this is not an excuse to start flaming other members, even though some of you seem to thrive on it.

I am simply asking the questions as I have just came back &#39;in&#39; after a lengthy absence (did anyone even notice ) and have noticed that a few of the old guard seem to have dissappeared. I have been a member for a few months and have noticed some of the popular, fun and interesting regulars seem to go at it hammer and tongs then kinda drift off into obscurity, and some of the members who remain seem to become more spiteful and vitriolic than they once were and seem to come in here only to fire off at some unsuspecting member for no real reason.

So I ask have any of you thought about leaving and what has made you think about it?

Oh for my part I have and haven taken a few vacations because I get fedup with some of the immature and pathetic shit that some folks throw at others just to get their jollies, they seem to think that just because they are hiding behind their pc and are enjoying anominity it gives them licence to say things to people they wouldn&#39;t dare if they ever met them. I wouldn&#39;t give them the satisfaction of rising to the bait so I simply head off as I don&#39;t think it is worth getting annoyed.

Anyone got any thoughts?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

Ohhh I can see where this is going to lead.

FC B)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    STFU noob&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Wasn&#39;t really tryijng to take this anywhere FC, whotcha talking about...ehm...FC, in me best Gary Coleman voice

@hobbes was that aimed at me and were you being sarcastic, given the contents of my post?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Aberrant
    You already know my feelings on this subject Zero.... but I still thought I&#39;d post my agreement wif you since you decided to create this thread.

vitriolic
    Damn you for making me use my dictionary though.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@29 November 2003 - 07:07
    Wasn&#39;t really tryijng to take this anywhere FC,&nbsp; whotcha talking about...ehm...FC, in me best Gary Coleman voice

@hobbes was that aimed at me and were you being sarcastic, given the contents of my post?
    Good job, I would never be vitriolic in earnest. I just wanted to see if you would respond. You did not and were true to your word (not rising to the bait.)

I have been around for awhile and it seems that "the forum is not as it was" post is a constant. I think we all have our times when this forum is fun, then we get bored and drift away. Real problems also have a way of interfering with our blissful existance here.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Not so much I wasn&#39;t gonna rise but figured you better than that so guessed you were jokin

You are correct I have seen the &#39;this place isn&#39;t fun anymore&#39; type posts before, I was just curious if others had left for similar reasons as myself. I had been talking to others (Thanks Titey ) about it and wondered if we represented the minority or the majority and simply was interested in the opinions of other members. I guess you can never go back home

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    i havent been around long enough to know if i want to leave yet?...

but.. its the same scenario in different forums, different chat rooms, different messenger applications...

if i dont like what i see... i have two options... stay... or go...

but i won&#39;t buy into nastiness.. (most of the time).. life&#39;s too short..

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I have come very close to leaving. I won&#39;t say why but I thought about it for a while and figured it wasn&#39;t worth leaving on account of one person.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    As for the forum, I am immune to Lounge rats, as they are a bit pathetic. My only true hard times are when I am in the "World News" forum, trying to exchange serious thoughts and there are people there who have no problem spouting what they know to be bullshit, to further their causes. I call it intellectual dishonesty and it is for people who are not searching for the truth.

I left another forum for this very reason. If I get the impression that the forum is infiltrated with agenda driven liars, I see no point in continuing.

Sorry Virtual, I didn&#39;t mean to drive you away, you stupid noob.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast