Thread: is NCIS worth watching after Abby.Tony D'Nosio etc leave the show?

A little context is appropriate since Covid shut down the majority of new production for most TV shows and is delaying movie releases at an alarming rate so I turned to Netflix to fill the gap and decided that as I was already a fan of NCIS LA and NEW ORLEANS so having never(how was this even possible)even seen a single episode of the original I started with S01E01 and am now into half of season 12. So my question relates to already knowing that the afore mentioned characters have left the show. I know we all have dif tastes in entertainment but would appreciate your feedback.Thanks.
    NZBMAN (not my real name)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Showcase Canada was running the series in order so I watched basically every episode until Ziva left (Season 9?). The Tony character had basically run it's course at that point and Gibbs (Harmon) had pretty much aged out of believability. I like Ducky but never really a fan of Abby or McGee and God knows nine seasons is enough of anything. I have watched a few with the newer cast and I really don't think watching a pale imitation of what was makes a whole lot of sense. Much the same with Criminal Minds. Good to time killer to sheesh.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    McGee looked more and more spun out as it went on.. not JAG material . I liked that show once and even ncis la. and it still incredulates me how that and jag went for like so long!
    Last edited by yevgeny; 10-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I quit watching this show after Ziva left. Now I hear after SO MANY seasons she's coming back. Ugh.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    NCIS LA was too centered on terrorism. It just never felt like it was anything to do with Navy.

Actually, I'm going to give NCIS Hawaii a go. First episode seems like it could be ok but I hope they stay away from the technology tropes that are in the other ones. Why not make things slightly more believable. There are more normal tech people in existence.
    Last edited by mjd73ks; 10-30-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost