Thread: New Security Holes In Ie

China discovers seven extra holes in Internet Explorer

Maybe Seattle had better get back to work

By INQUIRER staff: sabato 29 novembre 2003, 00.16

A CHINESE RESEARCHER has discovered seven new security holes in Internet Explorer and Microsoft is looking into them, or perhaps through them.
    According to Russ Cooper of TruSecure, two of the holes are critical vulnerabilities which could permit an attacker to remotely execute malicious programs.

A company spokesman said that Microsoft is not aware of anyone actively exploiting the holes or of any impact on customers. This was almost echoed by Cooper when he said that he was not yet concerned because "there just aren't any new attacks being made" on Internet Explorer.

Perhaps for the hackers the exploitation of IE holes is like taking candy from a baby, although anyone who has ever tried that might think twice about the comparison.

Reuters report

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    ie sucks, best thing to do is get another browser and ms to disable it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i'm convinced - is Mozilla Firebird a good alternative? and how do i get rid of IE?
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    IERADICATOR 6 For use in Windows 95, Windows 98, 98SE, and Windows ME with IE 3, 4, 5 or 6 beta 1.

I don't know if works or not

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@29 November 2003 - 15:26
    i'm convinced - is Mozilla Firebird a good alternative? and how do i get rid of IE?
    yes firebird rules and to get rid of ie, get xp lite....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    the problem is that hash link and BT d/l links dont work with other browser link Opera

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Kunal+29 November 2003 - 14:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kunal @ 29 November 2003 - 14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@29 November 2003 - 15:26
    i&#39;m convinced - is Mozilla Firebird a good alternative? and how do i get rid of IE?
    yes firebird rules and to get rid of ie, get xp lite.... [/b][/quote]
    I agree that Firebird is a great browser, also Thunderbird is a great email client.

Be sure not to confuse these with the &#39;all in one&#39; Mozilla 1.5, this is a browser, email client, HTML editor and IRC client, all rolled together and is too bloated IMO. Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird are stand alone, and far better (imo).

http://www.mozilla.org/