Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think The Best Anti Virus Software Is?

All this virus talk kind of got me wondering, what is everyones opinion on the best AV software outthere? I personally use MCAfee, but I dont know if thats the best

2. Lounge   -   #2
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    its all really a matter of opinion, i feel safe with what im using, and its picked the nasty "handy virus" up, im using norton 2003 pro, however i also recommend pccillin and mcafee and currently have them all shared....

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I had mcafee on my PC last year and it really slowed down the performance of it so I uninstalled it and then found that non of my MS Office programmes would work anymore (including Outlook).

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but no joy.

I had a scout about on the net to see if anyone else had had the same problem after uninstalling and they had. It would appear that Mcafee attaches itself to Office and takes some vital componants with it when you uninstall. It's a pity that they don't bother to tell you that at the outset.

So. the moral of the story is - Mcafee is for life not just for Christmas kids!!!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    wow, thats not very cool considering i just uninstalled McAfee

5. Lounge   -   #5
    and how does Office feel about it?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    wasnt aware of that opxmagik, but that sucks, im sure there is a way round it though?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    just ran office/word/excell all that stuff, and it all works fine? Maybe you had different versions or something, but its all working fine for me...now i just need to know what to replace McAfee with hehe

8. Lounge   -   #8
    i like norton... but i unno... i've been usin it for a while...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by opxmagik@12 February 2003 - 16:16
    just ran office/word/excell all that stuff, and it all works fine? Maybe you had different versions or something, but its all working fine for me...now i just need to know what to replace McAfee with hehe
    This is my opinion and that of several close friends, PC-Cillin 2003 is the way to go. In my experience the only people I have ever known to get infected by a virus were running Norton, now I am not bad mouthing Norton, it may have been the users fault in not keeping it updated, however PC-Cillin in my opinion updates more frequently (every day or sometimes several times a day and it totally automatic. My pick is PC-Cillin and I have used Norton and Mcaffe in the past.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I was thinking of PC-Cillin 2003 also, but i just wanted other peoples opinions

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast