Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the original uploader can get as many uploads as possible?

I'm a desktop user of private trackers, dont have seedbox, and would like to get more uploads when posting a torrent so get a heathier ratio.

However, I find often that I can get only ~1.07 ratio on a torrent that I spent hours to grab, organize, rename and make, because there're so many seedbox biggies that I can't get chance uploading anymore once one of them get 100%. A snatched biggie would rob me of all chances of uploading.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I only make and post torrents to improve my ratio, so this mere ~1.07 ratio makes the hours I spent little worthwhile.

When I complained it to someone, he told me a concept Super-seeding. I don't know if I understand it correctly, but if so, Super-seeding requests that the same piece must be seen in a second client before the next piece is given out, which ends up with longer seeding times but fewer uploading traffic, which is NOT what I need here.

What wanted here may be to go even further: not only request to see the same piece in second client, but also in many clients (if not all) before giving out the next piece, so as to ensure that the original uploader has as much uploading chance as possible (most pieces of clients that can connect to the original uploader are downloaded from the uploader).

Is there any client that can do this? Or if I'm completely wrong about these technical things, any advice on how the original uploader can get as many uploads as possible? (no cross-seeding scenerio)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Superseeding minimizes the amount of traffic required to upload a full copy when you're the initial and only source on a torrent. It's not really used anymore, since higher connection speeds have obviated the need for such a thing; let's remember the BitTorrent protocol is nearly 20 years old and wasn't made with private trackers in mind. It can actually be counterproductive if enabled outside the specific scenario it was designed for.

The way to get the most bang for your buck when uploading torrents is to follow some simple steps.
    • Upload stuff people will be interested on snatching, or at least autosnatching.
    • Have the highest upload speed you can (okay, this one may be obvious).
    • Permaseed everything, 24/7. Use an old laptop, Raspberry Pi or OpenWrt-capable router if you don't want to leave your computer on. If you don't have enough storage space, get more.
    • Accept the fact that seedbox whores will get more upload from "your" files than you. However, most of them pump and dump torrents, so don't be discouraged by it and follow all of the above tips, you'll get the last laugh in the long run. No tricks here - the Deluge client is renowned for its aggressive peer handling that often gets more upload, but you won't see a difference on a home connection.
    • And last but not least, I would try to make your main motivation sharing stuff you liked, so that this whole ordeal is something you enjoy and not a bullshit chore meant to get imaginary points on a tracker
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thank u, I think Permaseeding is the only viable option for me.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well, if you need points then there are sometimes contests or quests in the forums in which the big seedbox whores which are the kind whores who like to share their wealth with competitions or shit, like look at ggn's competition some dude wants you to knit some pokemon doll and where as on ab some dude wants you to find obscure animes with no dual audios and ahd's user releases get you 300GB or more if you upload a tv show while these take time to do they are worth more then uploading with the idea of im gonna make shittona ratio on this upload. if you want to perma seed then look at a pi4 8gb ram version and buy 30tb and then seed 10-5tb on all the trackers you like while this will be a investment of around 900$(guess) more or less. you will have whatever you can want in the long run and then in case if you like old/obscure stuff with low seeders and people download those you may at chance make profit of those. I remember seeding few thousand torrents consisting of ebooks from MAM and making more then 10-40GB a day with the bonus point and the raw upload being 100Mb(since they're ebooks this is good enough).

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    • And last but not least, I would try to make your main motivation sharing stuff you liked, so that this whole ordeal is something you enjoy and not a bullshit chore meant to get imaginary points on a tracker
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by crazodc View Post
    Thank u, I think Permaseeding is the only viable option for me.
    Yep. Permaseeding is the way to go!
    • If no seeds, someone will snatch from you eventually.
    • If many seeds, leave it seeding, you'll get the desired ratio eventually.

The whole idea is to share so in the end ratio does not matter.

Good luck!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sigduwksnsksis92 View Post
    Well, if you need points then there are sometimes contests or quests in the forums in which the big seedbox whores which are the kind whores who like to share their wealth with competitions or shit
    Filling requests is another good way. People are often lazy and don't check other trackers or even Google. All you have do is find the easy stuff, turn it into a rule-abiding torrent and boom, you get the request bounty plus a full copy's worth of upload.

if you want to perma seed then look at a pi4 8gb ram version and buy 30tb and then seed 10-5tb on all the trackers you like while this will be a investment of around 900$(guess) more or less.
    I was rather visualizing an old Asus EEE or a TL-MR3020 router with an external hard disk, but if you want to think big...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Filling requests is another good way. People are often lazy and don't check other trackers or even Google. All you have do is find the easy stuff, turn it into a rule-abiding torrent and boom, you get the request bounty plus a full copy's worth of upload.
    As someone with a modest internet speed and a lot of experience filling requests, it's only worth it if the bounty is really, really worthwhile or if you really like the show/movie/game etc that you are uploading. Even then as it's probably something that you personally love you'll be saddened to find out how few other people have any interest in it. Anyway chasing classes in private trackers is a fool's errand as it's usually a moving target. Better to live with a poor ratio than waste your life.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Liking what you're uploading is definitely motivational, but I see request filling as an "everything helps" situation rather than a get-rich-quick scheme. Spend a half hour or so every day doing the searching and downloading others were too lazy to do and get a few hundred megabytes of upload today, a few more tomorrow, maybe a gig the day after if you're lucky. The BitTorrent equivalent of beer money

After all, requests with large bounties usually get noticed (and filled) by people more resourceful and/or obsessed than myself, and the ones with huge bounties of 1 TB and beyond are mostly ultra-rare stuff that may not have even had a public release and will likely never see the light of day.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bounties of 1 TB and beyond are mostly ultra-rare stuff that may not have even had a public release and will likely never see the light of day.
    I remember seeing a 20tb request on Alpharatio on camtasia's 2020 version!.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People like that are doing it for the notoriety, the ghey internet fame, not because they're so desperate to watch the show. I piss in their general direction.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast