Thread: Why Extra Downloading?

I understand that K Lite attempts to download different parts of a file from different sources, to improve downloading speed and reliability. Therefore, downloading a single file can result in multiple download sessions being shown in the Traffic view.

However, after my file is completely downloaded, several download sessions continue. These can't be for different parts of the downloaded file because the file has already been completely downloaded.

What's going on?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    That is people uploading the file from you. As soon as the file is done you are sharing it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm not sure this is correct. All the download sessions are listed under downloads, not uploads, and they all look about the same.

Furthermore, the additional sessions appear instantly when the download starts, not after the file is completely downloaded.

In fact, the more I think about it the wronger I think you are .

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by david752@29 November 2003 - 19:41
    In fact, the more I think about it the wronger I think you are .
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by david752@29 November 2003 - 15:34
    I understand that K Lite attempts to download different parts of a file from different sources, to improve downloading speed and reliability. Therefore, downloading a single file can result in multiple download sessions being shown in the Traffic view.

However, after my file is completely downloaded, several download sessions continue. These can&#39;t be for different parts of the downloaded file because the file has already been completely downloaded.

What&#39;s going on?
    You possibly tried to download more than 1 copy of the exact same file.
    There should only be 1 instance of the download in your downloads window.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    So far as I could tell, I only clicked on one file, yet four were downloaded in parallel.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by david752@4 December 2003 - 18:08
    So far as I could tell, I only clicked on one file, yet four were downloaded in parallel.
    next time in search use right click then use the download option and see if this happens

for now

merge them if they have different sources