Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Few Questions About RED

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Your required ratio must be really low, though

Most are casual users like me I assume who don't have much to upload but can only seed the stuff they download. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work.
    You can get away with downloading a lot as long as you seed everything, and they're always shotgunning you with freeleech tokens. For a casual user who doesn't care about reaching higher user classes, getting invites and such, I'd say this actually works and very well... I would know, I am one.
    Ya I mean once you reach the min required ratio limit, you can't download anymore so that basically means its effectively a DDL site disguised as a torrent site cause you can't upload a byte even if you want to.

As far as FL tokens go, those are given once maybe twice a year. Can't wait that long to download stuff and the tokens aren't enough if you want to discover new genres of music or collages.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 12-15-2020 at 03:31 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    red stats.png

Take a look at these stats. 85 TB? 74 TB? Why should normal users suffer because of such hoarders? Why would anyone require a 50 TB buffer on a music site? This isn't a fair economy, its basically capitalism at play where the person with the fastest internet wins and the others have to settle for scraps.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 12-15-2020 at 05:48 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    As far as FL tokens go, those are given once maybe twice a year. Can't wait that long to download stuff and the tokens aren't enough if you want to discover new genres of music or collages.
    Yesterday, they gave all users 56 tokens. Last month everyone got 50. I always have at least a dozen whenever I login, and they're not from merit/badges as my activity there is almost non-existent. If this isn't enough, you can bookmark what you want and bide your time until they shower you with more.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Take a look at these stats. 85 TB? 74 TB? Why should normal users suffer because of such hoarders? Why would anyone require a 50 TB buffer on a music site?
    Unfortunately, seedbox whoring is not a problem unique to RED. And I agree that all the traffic amounts on that screenshot reach douchebaggery levels - no one could listen to so much music within their lifetime, even if it was all 24-bit FLAC. Anyway, other trackers try to level the playing field with bonus points and freeleech. RED has few torrents that are freeleech (for everyone) and no bonus points, but at least there's FL tokens, required ratio, and everyone can upload.
    Last edited by anon; 12-16-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123