Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvd Burner Opinion.

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    personally, Id look into the Lite-On 401s, and then take a look at the following pages:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=1837...ht=lite&start=0

and:

http://liteon401s.front.ru/

but thats all I'll say
    <insert signature here>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker@30 November 2003 - 18:38
    All of the reviews rate the Sony dual format unit very highly, but I&#39;m afraid that it falls outside of your budget.
    I wish they would settle on a preferred format so prices would fall faster...
    I&#39;m not too fussy about the price, i just like to get value for money. I returned my old Ricoh - 2.4 speed back to pcworld and got a refund of 200 pounds (&#036;300) after i used it for 10 months .

I want an 8 speed drive that is reliable. has Sony brought out an 8 speed yet?

Another two brands i&#39;m interested in are pioneer and of course, Ricoh. I&#39;m waiting for them to make 8 speed drives availabe.

My preference would be ricoh, because i&#39;ve used their cd-rewiters and dvd-rewriters and have never even once had a disk damaged. some of the other drives i&#39;ve used are a bit too sensitive to warm rooms, which is a problem as i&#39;m from the UK and we have to put the central heating on in the winter

I will check the sony, pioneer and ricoh website for any news.

Thanx for your help

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I just got a Pioneer DVR 106-D. Today as it happens.

It does all the different formats DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CDR and CDRW. It&#39;s a 4x DVD writer and a 16X CD writer.

I have used it to make CDs of divx files and ripped and copied a DVD movie, to DVD format.

Works a treat, cost me £89 for the OEM version and I can highly recommend it.

That from a serious luddite as you chaps know.

PS the only 8 Speed I know is the Lite on - £125.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@1 December 2003 - 23:03
    PS the only 8 Speed I know is the Lite on - £125.
    theres discussion about the link i posted earlier about the 401->811 via firmware, so id hold on for a bit
    <insert signature here>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    hehe a walmart store nearby my place got a lite-on dvd+-/r for 100 dollars . thinking of picking it up next week

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I have this one
    Plextor PX708A

8 speed burner, (i have the black one, not really that important ) more important it works great. Have not encountered a single problem with this.
    Big advantage is that it&#39;s the fastest dvd writer atm, also the fasted for burning cd r & rw&#33;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12