Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same Old Connect But Wont Download

I am having the same "constantly connecting and searching" problem but never able to download that has been posted on here often. I have tried to jump supernodes without help.

I have seen this message posted several times by Musleman on all of the messages with similar problems

"your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps"

excuse me for being a noob but am unsure how to change ports (and what to change to) and how to "remove the no ip sources from your dat files"?

I have a laptop and when I hook it up to a cable connection it downloads - but when I go back to my 56k dial up - it no longer will download (I havent been able to download anything for several weeks)?

Any help will be apprecaited

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    How to Change Ports:
    • Lunch K-Lite
    • Go to: Options ->Kazaa Lite K++ Options
    • Click on the Firewall tab
    • In Incomming ports type a number from 1 to 65535
    • Click OK and restart K-Lite
    How to Remove The No IP Sources From .DAT Files:
    • Lunch K-Dat
    • Select a file from the list
    • On Sources tab (in the right part of the applications window) click Delete
    • In the Option window select Delete all <Not Stored> sources and click Delete
    When was the last time you used a cable connection ?

If it was weeks ago it&#39;s possible that the old sources are dead (files deleted).
    Run Search for thoes files and merge their sources.

How to Merge Sources:
    • Lunch K-Dat
    • Select the two files you want to merge sources
    • &#33;&#33;&#33; Be sure that thoes files have the same outcome size, the downloads have to be of a same file &#33;&#33;&#33;
    • Select the old download and click on the [From->To] button
    • Click Merge
    • Delete the new download
    • Lunch K-Lite and start downloading

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for the reply Atumn Fox.

I went through the steps that you outlined and got the same response. . . .my status bar for the downloads continues to toggle between "connecting" and "more sources". . . .and ocassionally it acts like it wants to connect with a username appearing but for some reason never begins to download.

I was able to download with a cable connection yesterday.

Any other ideas what I can try to get this dial up to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nodoz@29 November 2003 - 23:07
    Thanks for the reply Atumn Fox.

I went through the steps that you outlined and got the same response. . . .my status bar for the downloads continues to toggle between "connecting" and "more sources". . . .and ocassionally it acts like it wants to connect with a username appearing but for some reason never begins to download.

I was able to download with a cable connection yesterday.

Any other ideas what I can try to get this dial up to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

delete the no ip

manual
    forum Kazupernodes
    good luck boss its real easy

how to merge dat files

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I followed your outline of how to remove the no ip sources from the dat files (which was very well outlined, by the way, thanks). . . .and all of my sources had info in the source node and super node box. . . . .but there were not any specific names mentioned in the source window - just a bunch of " <not stored> " - this seemed different than your example and was curious if that could be part of the problem.

What else can I try?

Still no downloading - just connecting forever. . . .

Thanks for the help.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by nodoz@30 November 2003 - 18:09
    (...)just a bunch of " <not stored> "(...)
    If there were no user names, only <Not Stored> and you removed them that&#39;s bad, tragic to be honest With no sources, even <Not Stored>, the download will fail. Merging will do no good, an I/O error message will pop up and K-Dat will be shut down.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    reader
    I&#39;m having the same problem...and it just started recently. Now files I was able to get almost instantly like some music files I&#39;d download just to test my connections are "Connecting." They never download.

It&#39;s really fustrating. I&#39;ve tried every trick up in the FAQs and in TIPS. Believe me otherwise I wouldn&#39;t have posted here. It sucks because I used to download fine. Do you think it has anything to do with my ISP?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Atumn Fox+30 November 2003 - 13:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Atumn Fox @ 30 November 2003 - 13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nodoz@30 November 2003 - 18:09
    (...)just a bunch of " <not stored> "(...)
    If there were no user names, only <Not Stored> and you removed them that&#39;s bad, tragic to be honest With no sources, even <Not Stored>, the download will fail. Merging will do no good, an I/O error message will pop up and K-Dat will be shut down. [/b][/quote]
    no no donot remove those, the name don&#39;t matter all that is important is the source ip and port and the supernode ip and port if those are there leave it alone

sounds like you files have no connectable sources so try our verified and request sections

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by reader@30 November 2003 - 21:25
    (...)Do you think it has anything to do with my ISP?
    Some ISP are blocking P2P applications (like KaZaA, if they block port 1214).
    Change ports and see if it helps. It&#39;s described above.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Musleman -

The last suggestion you gave was " so try our verified and request sections" . . .sorry again for the ignorance but what does that mean and how do I do it??

I didnt delete the <no sources> in the dat file. . . . .

I have changed supernodes and ports several times to no avail. . ..
    what else can I do??

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast