Thread: Force Being A Supernode (testing Only)

n00b
    When I check this box it tells me there is only one (1) user active? Is this part of a test? Man it confused me. I uncheck it and it goes back to 3,13,635 users online.
    Also whenever I try and play a media file (mpg,wmv etc.........) it creates a problem and aks me if I want to send the error report to microsoft blah blah then shuts down?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    If you want to be a supernode, go to the 'advance' tab, and make sure 'Do not function as a supernode' is unchecked.

The files that cause a problem are most likely currupted.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by cthornton1@29 November 2003 - 23:59
    When I check this box it tells me there is only one (1) user active? Is this part of a test? Man it confused me. I uncheck it and it goes back to 3,13,635 users online.
    Also whenever I try and play a media file (mpg,wmv etc.........) it creates a problem and aks me if I want to send the error report to microsoft blah blah then shuts down?
    when you become a supernode and you are behind a router that is what happens,

now the question is:

do you want to be a supernode???or not???

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    n00b
    Does being a supernode help my download speeds any? Or just other people's downloads? The reason for my asking is I have been trying for 3 days to get one file, it is 456987kbs

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by cthornton1@30 November 2003 - 01:04
    Does being a supernode help my download speeds any? Or just other people's downloads? The reason for my asking is I have been trying for 3 days to get one file, it is 456987kbs
    why don't you leave the box unchecked and go and read the faq and find out what it is to be a supernode then we will take it form there