Thread: Visual Basic

Hey,
    i made a program with visual basic and i saved and all is fine but how ca i save it so it will open by itself, when i open it, it opens up in visual basic. How can i just get it to open as itself?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Are you opening the source file?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    You have to compile the code, and create an .exe file. You must be using the full version of Visual Basic though; the trial or student editions won't compile the code.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien@29 November 2003 - 22:26
    You have to compile the code, and create an .exe file. You must be using the full version of Visual Basic though; the trial or student editions won't compile the code.
    a .exe or executable is automatically created when you hit F5 or run the app from within the solution exporer window. You should have the .sln, .vb, .exe, and a few others I think.

And it doesnt matter which version, full or not, you can still build (compile) ms apps written in vb.

I think you have it confused with the visual studio suite where you have to have the full version in order to compile apps that are written in c, visual c, c++ or any other oop language besides vb.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well i got the full version anyway, so how do i compile the code into an exe?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    If you are using Visual Basic 6.0:
    File > Make projectname.exe...

If you are using Visual Basic .Net:
    Build > Build Solution

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    cool thanks

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by shn@29 November 2003 - 23:39
    a .exe or executable is automatically created when you hit F5 or run the app from within the solution exporer window. You should have the .sln, .vb, .exe, and a few others I think.

And it doesnt matter which version, full or not, you can still build (compile) ms apps written in vb.

I think you have it confused with the visual studio suite where you have to have the full version in order to compile apps that are written in c, visual c, c++ or any other oop language besides vb.
    You maybe correct, I’m not sure,
    Cuz I no longer have the app, I’m using VB6 now.

It's been awhile now since I had the class, but the vb book I was using in class came with a student edition, and you could not create a executable with that edition. This caused me promptly to download VB off the net.

And since I sold that book back, with the cd, I have no idea if it was Visual Studio or Visual basic.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"