Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If I Already Have A Router

Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+30 November 2003 - 17:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 30 November 2003 - 17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Russo@30 November 2003 - 05:39
    Having two firewalls is like having two umbrellas open in the rain. one firewall will catch all the rain, and the other will get hardly nothing

But i use ZA with my router just so i know what programs are trying to access the internet and spy on me
    i&#39;d say a router is a big filter, and a software firewall is a small thinner firewall. u get both layers of protection. and u also get peace of mind from the riaa cuz u can&#39;t block specific ip adds on ur router [/b][/quote]
    Right ,a router is better than a software firewall , so my hacker friends say. but having two software firewalls is kind of pointless. like the rain analogy

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    i thought the linksys routers were pretty good, are they not?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by apunkrockmonk@30 November 2003 - 23:38
    Yes they are , i have friends with them. you dont need to spend anymore than &#036;50 for a 4 port router

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    BANNED
    linksis is good but i hear cisco is the shit

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Global Media Trader+30 November 2003 - 18:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Global Media Trader @ 30 November 2003 - 18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-apunkrockmonk@30 November 2003 - 23:38
    Yes they are , i have friends with them. you dont need to spend anymore than &#036;50 for a 4 port router [/b][/quote]
    Lynksys are ok but their wireless access point routers suck because they all have a default uname and password of admin:admin and its real easy for someone to use a program lto scan the wireless access points in the area for that default configuration.

Other than that their regualr routers are ok for basic use but nothing close to a cisco router.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    arent linksys and cisco the same company?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Livy@30 November 2003 - 21:17
    arent linksys and cisco the same company?
    Something like that. Some kind of merger or cisco bought their shares or something. I dont know Im not a stockbroker or market analyst, just a computer chic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123