Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Router And K-lite Not Working Anymore....

everytime i download there will be alot of people that has the file but, when i download from them instead of downloading from 100+ people, it would only connect to 2 or 1, if im lucky now i get 10kbps, before the router i got 240, i dont know how to port forward or anything because i just got the router and dont know much, please help! thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by t0y@30 November 2003 - 01:03
    everytime i download there will be alot of people that has the file but, when i download from them instead of downloading from 100+ people, it would only connect to 2 or 1, if im lucky now i get 10kbps, before the router i got 240, i dont know how to port forward or anything because i just got the router and dont know much, please help! thanks!
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

you also NEED TO GET KANAT

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well a routor splits the connection in half (if you have two comps connected through the same internet), or more if you have more split>.

so that would explain ur connection decreasing

but it shouldnt be that drastic
    a routor also acts as a firewall so to speak so it could be blocking you from connecting to other peoples dl's

but i have a routor and have not had this happen
    have patience and more sources will come

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    As MM (kis kiss) (slut) stated you need to get KaNAT since the router shows a LAN IP of 192. which cannot broadcast across the internet correctly. KaNAT will replace the LAN IP in Kazaa with your WAN IP. Also make sure to setup port fowarding for the port you use in Kazaa as well. My speed dropped over half when I first got a router and went back to normall when I did the above...

Happy DL.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    how do you set up port forwarding?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    First did you get KaNAT?

What Router...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    TherealRansom
    Hi!

I've got the same problem and will now download KaNat as you proposed. But I also don't know how to set up port forwarding, so if you know how to enable it for Kazaa, please tell me. My router is a SMC Barricade 7004ABR.
    I'm from Germany so it might be possible that this router is sold in Europe or Germany only.

Thx for your help,

TherealRansom

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TherealRansom@3 December 2003 - 08:55
    Hi!

I've got the same problem and will now download KaNat as you proposed. But I also don't know how to set up port forwarding, so if you know how to enable it for Kazaa, please tell me. My router is a SMC Barricade 7004ABR.
    I'm from Germany so it might be possible that this router is sold in Europe or Germany only.

Thx for your help,

TherealRansom
    you guy s need to go to options>klite options>firewall> here you see the port klite uses, you need to forward this port, now if you are not familiar with it then just call the tech support for your router and they will do it for you for free, after you forwarded your port run kanat

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i have a linksys befsr41 if that helps, thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    When you set up your access point, did you set a usrname and pass for it?

1. type 192.168.1.1 in the Internet Explorer address bar

2. if you set up a username and pass in the setup, then type them in the box that comes up. If you didnt set up a username/pass, leave the username blank and type 'admin' for the pass without the quotes.

3. Ive only seen the page once, but I think port forwarding is in the advance options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast