Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Microsoft Hidden Folders

didnt say any thing about its better or not i was talking about stability
    one day Xp will be just as stable and probly more so as it bult on the much better NT kernal but that day has not yet come 98 and 2k have been out a lot longer then xp that is why they are more stable most of the bugs have finaly been fixed (not that 2k had many too begin with it was the most stable releace that ms ever had) but with Xp they still have not all even been found! let alone fixed and by the time they do get it all together there will be a new version of window with a slick new interface and lots of bells and whistles too make u gogle over and at that time ill probly be useing XP as theyll probly have most of the bugs fixed by then

as far as win2k it was a new updated version of nt with a new nt kernal with active x , WMI and useing inet explorer as the front end
    just like 98 with a new 9x kernal was 95 with active x and inet explore as the front end
    but note that there is no part of the win98 krenal in win2k

and by way the leach killer u would know this if u realy worked on the beta what did u do at that compony work in the mail room

well in 1997/1998 I worked for a software house. We'd won a contract from Microsoft to do work on NT5 Beta 1/2
    LOL u dont win a contrast for this u just sighn up for it and if your a compony its pritty much garented ull be accepted i did it too and i did it on my own not as a compony (did 98 and ME too was asked to do it for xp too but i was too busy at the time as long as u email the end betas final report an partisapate in the bug reports forum they will ask u to come back) also there is no such thing as beta1/2 all the betas where released as a 4 digit build #'s

quoteNT4 code base to utilies it's multi-tasking abilities but also had major improvements in reliability
    actualy they where all brand new code for the nt5 kernal though it was based on the nt4 kernal

ease of use, increased Internet compatibilities, mobile computing support, Plug and Play, advanced networking, USB devices, IEEE 1394 devices and infrared devices, most of which were taken from 98
    these are all modules that where taken from win98 the same ones that where added to 95 to make 98 and u forgot driect X and WMI and the inet explorer front end integration(though ease of use and increased Internet compatibilities kida covers that sorta)

get a NT machine to handshake with a 2K server, it's a right pain in the arse to set it up correctly
    this is becouse of the advanced networking conponents u where talkin about acualy if u do the right updates to the nt 4 comp it is easy. basicly u got too bring the old os up to speed.
    a more comon name for this is backword compatablity

if u thing that hard try geting ether of them to work right with Novel now Thats hard! in fact if ur talkin stability on a pc based server u cant beat novel i have never seen it crash ever! though i have bent it once or twice but even then it still keeps on going and doing it work sept for the part u bent just fix the bend and restart the service and it still going still no restart involved

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I dont know what you are talking about Quiet, as XP has never had an issue with stability. It is rock solid. 98 is still very unstable to this day, so your statement is false. All of XP's patches and updates are security related.

System stability boils down to the kernal. The very heart of any OS. XP's kernal is an update from the 2k kernal (nt5->nt5.1) and you yourself said 2k is stable. So that would mean an updated 2k kernal would be more stable, right? Not according to you.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    TRshady
    Win 98 is CRAP, had it for four years and now use win2k pro with no problems. Mac users always use the 'blue screen of death' as n excuse to switch but it only happens on win 98.

(its funny how replys slowly drift away from the topic....)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234