Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shortcuts

If you're just trying to remove the "shortcut to" from the name, just right click, go to rename, and delete it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@30 November 2003 - 23:59
    If you're just trying to remove the "shortcut to" from the name, just right click, go to rename, and delete it.

So if you have hundred shortcuts you will do the same? and every one after this you create?
    Obviously that is an obvious solution. The registry settings given here will make so that it wont add Shortcut To and the arrow in any shortcuts from now on.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by 3223@30 November 2003 - 23:51

do u know how to do it with tweakui?
    No. I dont use any tweaking softwares. I tweak my own settings.

If you dont like editing registry and you are using TweakUI it shouldnt be that bad to find. See in Desktop Tweaks or Windows Tweaks if there is any option in that. In TweakXP i remember it used to be under Windows Tweaks.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    meh, sorry, just giving an easy answer. I&#39;ve just never run into that problem. The most shortcuts I use are the ones on the start menu (Don&#39;t start with "shortcut to..." to begin with), and about five on the desktop. Renaming five files really isn&#39;t that much work, so it&#39;s just never been a problem with me. I guess that solution just doesn&#39;t work for everyone.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    No problem.
    I know what you mean. Its easy to rename 5. I have around a whole different folder having about 30 shortcuts which i am using for some other purpose. This comes in handy like those situations.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@1 December 2003 - 04:44
    Make a backup for your registry first just incase u play with it:

Start the Registry Editor (regedit)

To Delete Is Shortcut Text:
    Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT &#092; lnkfile
    Delete the value IsShortcut

To Delete Array in Shortcuts:
    Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT &#092; piffile
    Delete the value IsShortcut

Restart.

Ofcourse TweakXP or any other tweaking programs do the same thing. They modify it for you. You can do it yourself too.
    thnks. i did it ur way

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    You&#39;re welcome Glad it worked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234