Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone Pllease Help

Ive tried downloading three of the same exact rips of the original half life. It is the one listed in the verified section of k-lite.tk. For some reason when i double click the file and unzip it onto my hardrive, the unzipped install button gives me an error. I have windoze xp... could that be the problem. Please help me if u have experieced simmilar difficulties or know what i am doing wrong. Perhaps the file should be removed from the verified section.
    Thanks in advance

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I think you have to get the update from the official sierra site cause the version you have is incompatible with xp.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I don't the problem is the compatablitiy with XP, it sounds like somebody corrupted the file and it got shared. Just a guess though.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Lounge   -   #4
    cfore1's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by dwightfry@13 February 2003 - 16:33
    I don't the problem is the compatablitiy with XP, it sounds like somebody corrupted the file and it got shared. Just a guess though.
    i agree. don't think XP or any OS would have a problem with something like that. gotta be a corrupt installer

5. Lounge   -   #5
    the strange thing is though, the file i downloaded, had like 128 other people with the same file, why would so many people have a corrupt file?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    find me in the chat room and i can help u get a legitimate copy

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    OKAY! Tonight (and only tonight) I will post a working ISO of HALFLIFE in my "My shared Files". It does work, in XP. It is a full disk. Hope you have cable or DSL.

You'll know it is from me, because I will put the word 'DELANORE' in the description. Search for it around 2:00am EST USA.

I will post as an ISO, unless you want me to rename it as an EXE, for easier searching.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    do i hit irc to get to the chat

9. Lounge   -   #9
    ya go ahead and put in exe, unless u can explain how to search for isos
    Thanks alot

10. Lounge   -   #10
    spindulk, what is ur port so i can get on it/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast