Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Bittorent Files So Slow To Download?

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Please Help

2. Games   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Why are my downloads so slow: As I said earlier the downloads are proportional to your uploads so if you upload less then you will also download less. If you are lucky you may begin downloading the file while there are lots of seeds, and since they have completed 100% of the file they will be uploading to you and not downloading from you and hence your download will be increased.

source

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. Games   -   #3
    Well, it depends. How many seeds are there? How many peers are there? How big is the download? Are you on a router, and if so are the necessary ports being forwarded?

All of these things can affect download speeds. I've gotten up to 400 kb/s from bittorrent.

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Xilo@30 November 2003 - 23:08
    Well, it depends. How many seeds are there? How many peers are there? How big is the download? Are you on a router, and if so are the necessary ports being forwarded?

All of these things can affect download speeds. I've gotten up to 400 kb/s from bittorrent.
    Holy Shit, 400kb/s, NICE!!!

5. Games   -   #5
    I still can't get it to go fast

6. Games   -   #6
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    are you behind a firewall and sometimes it takes about half/hour to boost it up myn goess 15/kpbs after the first 15-30 min then goes up to 50 and then sometimes up to 90 B)

BTW you have a broadband right?

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Monkeee@1 December 2003 - 00:27
    are you behind a firewall and sometimes it takes about half/hour to boost it up myn goess 15/kpbs after the first 15-30 min then goes up to 50 and then sometimes up to 90 B)

BTW you have a broadband right?
    I am behind a firwall and I have Comcast cable internet

8. Games   -   #8
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer+1 December 2003 - 00:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardcoreGamer @ 1 December 2003 - 00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Monkeee@1 December 2003 - 00:27
    are you behind a firewall and sometimes it takes about half/hour to boost it up myn goess 15/kpbs after the first 15-30&nbsp; min then goes up to 50 and then sometimes up to 90&nbsp; B)

BTW you have a broadband right?&nbsp;
    I am behind a firwall and I have Comcast cable internet [/b][/quote]
    you should configure firewall to bypass bittorent unless... it already is........ and it also takes patience....

9. Games   -   #9
    muchspl2
    yes and xp has a firewall also, you need to configure it correctly
    do you have shadows client, it has a light
    besides being the best client

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    so for all us 56k modem users.....

(wat? im still living at home. lol. )

.... since we set our upload speed to 1kb does that mean we only download at a shitty 3 kb or sumthing?

also can someone please tell me what version of bT i shud download. I currently have BT++ v0.5.4. And this has shit all options.

also what firewall should i download? i like playing games and downloading stuff so can sum1 please tell me what kinda FW i shud get. I dont want unwanted visitors screwing around my PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast