Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Hit Me

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Um yeah....I noticed it's open...And I'm actually not too happy about it.

I know it was a thread important to many people, but I think 7th was right here about closing it.

If they re-open that thread, then I want the biggest spam post in the world back, because that one was important to me....

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this decision. I guess it's my turn to stand up for my believes now. It cuts back on the speed of the server. Don't say it's not true, ever since it's back it takes longer every time I refresh.

And Jonno, this is not 'having a pop' at you, as you seem to look at it sometimes...I just don't think this is the right thing to do. This decision was taken for the best of all of us. You didn't complain when the biggest spam post was deleted, you accepted that. Now it's your thread and all of a sudden it IS a problem?
    I'm sorry, but that seems a bit childish to me. You can me mad at me if you like, but this really annoys me

Peace,
    Sonja

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Can't it just be cut up with the early segments linked and closed???

Edit: It would look a much better hat then - J'Pol: have a word with your man

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@1 December 2003 - 00:58
    Um yeah....I noticed it's open...And I'm actually not too happy about it.

I know it was a thread important to many people, but I think 7th was right here about closing it.

If they re-open that thread, then I want the biggest spam post in the world back, because that one was important to me....

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this decision. I guess it's my turn to stand up for my believes now. It cuts back on the speed of the server. Don't say it's not true, ever since it's back it takes longer every time I refresh.

And Jonno, this is not 'having a pop' at you, as you seem to look at it sometimes...I just don't think this is the right thing to do. This decision was taken for the best of all of us. You didn't complain when the biggest spam post was deleted, you accepted that. Now it's your thread and all of a sudden it IS a problem?
    I'm sorry, but that seems a bit childish to me. You can me mad at me if you like, but this really annoys me

Peace,
    Sonja
    Good post, valid point, everyone has a thread that is important to them, so does that mean if every thread grew to a size that brought the board down it would be ok?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+1 December 2003 - 01:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 1 December 2003 - 01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@1 December 2003 - 00:58
    Um yeah....I noticed it&#39;s open...And I&#39;m actually not too happy about it.

I&#39;m sorry, but I don&#39;t agree with this decision. I guess it&#39;s my turn to stand up for my believes now. It cuts back on the speed of the server. Don&#39;t say it&#39;s not true, ever since it&#39;s back it takes longer every time I refresh.

And Jonno, this is not &#39;having a pop&#39; at you, as you seem to look at it sometimes...I just don&#39;t think this is the right thing to do. This decision was taken for the best of all of us. You didn&#39;t complain when the biggest spam post was deleted, you accepted that. Now it&#39;s your thread and all of a sudden it IS a problem?
    I&#39;m sorry, but that seems a bit childish to me. You can me mad at me if you like, but this really annoys me

Peace,
    Sonja
    Good post, valid point, everyone has a thread that is important to them, so does that mean if every thread grew to a size that brought the board down it would be ok? [/b][/quote]
    I wish to offend no-one here, genuinely

Anyone who read the thread about Beautiful Day being closed will know that I did try (along with others) to suggest reasonable compromise solutions.

However the lady does have a point. Other threads have been closed for exactly the same reason. What will happen when the next one is to be closed, or are we to let every thread run on and on, making the board slower and slower.

If this draws flame - sorry. I am only re-iterating what others have said.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Skweeky@30 November 2003 - 23:58
    You didn&#39;t complain when the biggest spam post was deleted, you accepted that. Now it&#39;s your thread and all of a sudden it IS a problem?
    I&#39;m sorry, but that seems a bit childish to me. You can me mad at me if you like, but this really annoys me
    I&#39;m really sorry but I need to say this.

The spam thread was full of junk, it was a spam thread, OUR (not mine, never stated it was) thread was a chat thread, a place where we met each other and got o know each other.

Sorry if it was childish but even you said you had tears when it shut.

Sorry if I annoy people for standing up for what I believe.

Yes I do take that as a pop at me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Maybe you should stop confusing advice with insults Jonno...

In the spam thread were conversations that had some meaning to me. Indeed there was a lot of spam, as was there in the beautiful day thread, but that&#39;s not the point. The point is that it overloads the server and we started all over again, and it&#39;s nice, and cool.

The reason I had tears in my eyes is because people came to a consensus, and that means a lot to me...I&#39;m sorry, but yes, more than the closing of a thread.

I also was standing up for my believes, and I just think that the last few weeks you&#39;re getting too worked up over little things...

Whatever you believe in, it may be wrong and do a lot of harm to other people. And is it still right then?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+1 December 2003 - 03:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 1 December 2003 - 03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@30 November 2003 - 23:58
    You didn&#39;t complain when the biggest spam post was deleted, you accepted that. Now it&#39;s your thread and all of a sudden it IS a problem?
    I&#39;m really sorry but I need to say this.

The spam thread was full of junk, it was a spam thread, OUR (not mine, never stated it was) thread was a chat thread, a place where we met each other and got o know each other.

Sorry if it was childish but even you said you had tears when it shut.

Sorry if I annoy people for standing up for what I believe.

Yes I do take that as a pop at me

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    Jonno... Sonja NEVER meant that as a "pop" at you, why post that when that whole situation has been cleared up???

8. Lounge   -   #18
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Well I apologise, I never posted in the spam thread, but........oh it does&#39;nt matter

And the last few weeks I hav&#39;nt been getting worked up, people have been winding me up..........some pretty nasty things have been posted to and about me..........things you did&#39;nt see, things I saw and upset me...........sorry if I get offended when people are nasty, I guess thats weird.

My definition of offence:

I could say to a mate like titey "You&#39;re a smelly smeg head" he would then come back and we laugh about it, but if I said that to someone else they would be offended, offence is in the mind of the person it&#39;s directed at, whether anyone agree&#39;s or not, if someone offends you then they offend you.
    It always bugged me wheb people say "Well he only said....." it does&#39;nt matter what he only said......it matters that it offends.

Personally I find it offensive for people to ridicule my sexuality.

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Ok, so if I understand this correctly. You feel insulted when a friend tells you she thinks you&#39;re wrong?

I&#39;m sorry, I thought friendship was about honesty, and I&#39;m not the sort of person to use some nice euphemisms to say what I want to say. What I say may seem harsh, but in no way meant to offend or hurt you. It&#39;s just my opinion. You can scream and shout at me, I don&#39;t mind, I wouldn&#39;t think any less of you because of that. But don&#39;t expect me to nod and agree everytime I think you might be doing something wrong.
    Perhaps I&#39;m wrong, that&#39;s very well possible, I&#39;ll never deny that.

I appologise if I have offended you in any way, but I could not justify towards myself to read all that and to shut up when I don&#39;t agree. Just as you I stand up for what I believe in.....but I&#39;d never think that what I believe in is 100% right.

Sonja

10. Lounge   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Jonno,

You&#39;re a muppet.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast