Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shareaza

Originally posted by WRFan@1 December 2003 - 22:10
    why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza's got their own forums, don't they? then go there and talk about it there.
    [QUOTE]

But if I am not mistaken, this topic category is named "KL Board -> Filesharing, Clients & Tools -> Shereaza", or isn't it? The fact that it belongs to a K-Lite forum means nothing: We are all K-Lite users, yet we can discuss about other things as well, can't we?

Shereaza is a very good P2P client: Not only is the G2 network excellent (with the small number of users as its only significant drawback), but Raza also supports many other important networks too, such as ed2k, BT, and even the oldie-goldie Gnutella. It is a feature-rich app, and the most important thing about it, is that the notion of corrupt or fake d/ls simply doesn't exist with Raza.

Yet, K-Lite (and FT for that matter) is still superior in one major aspect: Speed. D/ls with Raza are totally frustrating; I have an ADSL 384/128 connection, and I usually get speeds around 2-5 KB/s!!! (In K-Lite 20-25 KB/s is the norm, and for popular files I might get 30+). This is why I have them both in my PC: K-Lite for speed, Raza for availability of sources and safety.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by jackc+28 December 2003 - 18:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jackc @ 28 December 2003 - 18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WRFan@1 December 2003 - 22:10
    why the hell do you come here talking about gnutella crap? shareaza&#39;s got their own forums, don&#39;t they? then go there and talk about it there.
    Shereaza is a very good P2P client: Not only is the G2 network excellent (with the small number of users as its only significant drawback), but Raza also supports many other important networks too, such as ed2k, BT, and even the oldie-goldie Gnutella. It is a feature-rich app, and the most important thing about it, is that the notion of corrupt or fake d/ls simply doesn&#39;t exist with Raza.

Yet, K-Lite (and FT for that matter) is still superior in one major aspect: Speed. D/ls with Raza are totally frustrating; I have an ADSL 384/128 connection, and I usually get speeds around 2-5 KB/s&#33;&#33;&#33; (In K-Lite 20-25 KB/s is the norm, and for popular files I might get 30+). This is why I have them both in my PC: K-Lite for speed, Raza for availability of sources and safety. [/b][/quote]
    Good point, P2P networks are too spread out, it would be nice in a way to have all the best features on one client with tons of users. of course this&#39;ll never happen and it&#39;ll be easier for the **AA to stop it . So, the best way to get the best of P2P is probably to use more than one client.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123