Thread: Disconnecting Every Few Hours On Broadband?

I leave my pc on kazaa pretty much 24/7 downloading movies, up until a few weeks ago this had been fine with good speeds etc, but a few weeks ago when i checked my pc in the morning the download had only progressedby a few megs and kazza was disconnected. How can i stop this from happening and why is it doing this? i am pretty sure I have not changed any applicable settings. I am with tiscali uk 512 btw. Thnaks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by cjsavvy@30 November 2003 - 20:08
    I leave my pc on kazaa pretty much 24/7 downloading movies, up until a few weeks ago this had been fine with good speeds etc, but a few weeks ago when i checked my pc in the morning the download had only progressedby a few megs and kazza was disconnected. How can i stop this from happening and why is it doing this? i am pretty sure I have not changed any applicable settings. I am with tiscali uk 512 btw. Thnaks
    first call your isp and make sure they don't cap your connection with p2p, if the answer is no then:

make sure you don't leave auto search on, if thats not it then:

restart your wizzard and make sure you put in the correct download/upload speed, lower you bandwidth for trasfer, update you modem drivers, run av+adaware just incase

if that does not work, then get nelimiter and controll speed with that, and from trial and error find the right settings where you connection does not get cut off

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    If you've been sharing files for a long time from a fixed, not-firewalled ip address, then you're possibly getting overloaded by upload requests.

10, 100, even 1,000+ people may be trying to download from you every minute. That tends to take down most connections.

You have to 'drain off' those requests by sharing files with file sharing disabled. Disabling file sharing does NOT cancel uploads -- it only prevents new ones.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Switeck@1 December 2003 - 08:14
    If you've been sharing files for a long time from a fixed, not-firewalled ip address, then you're possibly getting overloaded by upload requests.

10, 100, even 1,000+ people may be trying to download from you every minute. That tends to take down most connections.

You have to 'drain off' those requests by sharing files with file sharing disabled. Disabling file sharing does NOT cancel uploads -- it only prevents new ones.
    Disabling file sharing . Thats not nice. Try instead setting the max number of uploads to around 6. that should solve the problem. (assuming that what it is)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ariel_001+1 December 2003 - 04:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 1 December 2003 - 04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@1 December 2003 - 08:14
    If you&#39;ve been sharing files for a long time from a fixed, not-firewalled ip address, then you&#39;re possibly getting overloaded by upload requests.

You have to &#39;drain off&#39; those requests by sharing files with file sharing disabled. Disabling file sharing does NOT cancel uploads -- it only prevents new ones.
    Disabling file sharing . Thats not nice. Try instead setting the max number of uploads to around 6. that should solve the problem. (assuming that what it is) [/b][/quote]
    if you read carefully he is saying to disable for a short time to drain all the upload request thats stoping him from connecting then resume once he is able to connect

if that is what needs to be done than that is what needs to be done, surley you don&#39;t expect people not to be able to connect but still share do you??

on a different note, did you ever use a proxy in your ie so you could use bt in anonymously??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by cjsavvy@1 December 2003 - 00:08
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
    Im having a similar problem to this, except my broadband connection disconnects&#33; It must be a problem with kazaa cos my connection is fine when im just surfing the web but when im downloading using kazaa it disconnects after about 20mins&#33;&#33;

Another problem is that it doesn&#39;t connect again, and i have to pull out the usb lead for the modem and put it back in to reset the connection.

Its doin my head in cos it means that if im downloading a large file and i go out, when i come back the internet has disconnected and ive only downloaded a few megs&#33;

Someone please help, before i go insane&#33;&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by The_Weedman+2 December 2003 - 12:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Weedman @ 2 December 2003 - 12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cjsavvy@1 December 2003 - 00:08
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
    Im having a similar problem to this, except my broadband connection disconnects&#33; It must be a problem with kazaa cos my connection is fine when im just surfing the web but when im downloading using kazaa it disconnects after about 20mins&#33;&#33;

Another problem is that it doesn&#39;t connect again, and i have to pull out the usb lead for the modem and put it back in to reset the connection.

Its doin my head in cos it means that if im downloading a large file and i go out, when i come back the internet has disconnected and ive only downloaded a few megs&#33;

Someone please help, before i go insane&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    MUSLEMAN Posted on 30 November 2003 - 21:28
    &nbsp;
    QUOTE (cjsavvy @ 30 November 2003 - 20:08)
    I leave my pc on kazaa pretty much 24/7 downloading movies, up until a few weeks ago this had been fine with good speeds etc, but a few weeks ago when i checked my pc in the morning the download had only progressedby a few megs and kazza was disconnected. How can i stop this from happening and why is it doing this? i am pretty sure I have not changed any applicable settings. I am with tiscali uk 512 btw. Thnaks&nbsp;

first call your isp and make sure they don&#39;t cap your connection with p2p, if the answer is no then:

make sure you don&#39;t leave auto search on, if thats not it then:

restart your wizzard and make sure you put in the correct download/upload speed, lower you bandwidth for trasfer, update you modem drivers, run av+adaware just incase

if that does not work, then get nelimiter and controll speed with that, and from trial and error find the right settings where you connection does not get cut off
    Switeck Posted on 1 December 2003 - 04:14
    &nbsp; If you&#39;ve been sharing files for a long time from a fixed, not-firewalled ip address, then you&#39;re possibly getting overloaded by upload requests.

You have to &#39;drain off&#39; those requests by sharing files with file sharing disabled. Disabling file sharing does NOT cancel uploads -- it only prevents new ones.