Thread: Missing Files

I was downloading some movies and suddenly some files gone missing. They were not completed downloads, just say 30% of it. I have a feeling that somebody ( hacker?) actually distroyed them. Is it possible? How to prevent it? Does anybody else have similar experience? Thanks for your help...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by kata@1 December 2003 - 00:13
    I was downloading some movies and suddenly some files gone missing. They were not completed downloads, just say 30% of it. I have a feeling that somebody ( hacker?) actually distroyed them. Is it possible? How to prevent it? Does anybody else have similar experience? Thanks for your help...
    check in k-dat
    if you feel that a hacker got into your pc then u should get a good firewall

check out the how to restart dead downloads thread, it may help you

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kata@30 November 2003 - 20:13
    no they might have gotten deleted because they got corrupt, check your shared folder for dat files, and run an upto date av+adaware incase its a virus or a trojen

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    yer i downloaded Remember the Titans, 700 MB,

i woke up to find that it had disappeared. i was gutted. no trace of it.

annoys me because i have a 56k modem so it took a few nights

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks guys! I have updated antivirus program and firewall zone alarm. but i believe if you use kaza your computer becomes server so hackers can use it... anyway, just realised that another file is gone missiong - dazed and confused movie gone ( about 45%) gone missing since yesterday...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kata@1 December 2003 - 15:55
    thanks guys! I have updated antivirus program and firewall zone alarm. but i believe if you use kaza your computer becomes server so hackers can use it... anyway, just realised that another file is gone missiong - dazed and confused movie gone ( about 45%) gone missing since yesterday...
    if you are not a supernode then you are not a (server as you put it)

hackers don't use kazaa to goof around with your files

did you check your folder for dat files??? have you changed the path of your shared folder lately???

did you run an spyware (not anti virus) like ad aware, like i asked??

try reading the faq please