Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1356

Thread: Offensive 2021

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I can't be the only one seeing a "they all look alike" connection from being from Florida and being from colonialist England here.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #1332
    In a ruling overturning California's ban on the AR-15, U.S. District Judge Benitez of San Diego “Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle".

I don't see how a gun that has to be stored empty in a locked container is that useful for home defense unless the criminals are nice guys and decide to give prior warning. As for the idiotic assertation that it falls under the Second Amendment.... The Second Amendment speaks first and foremost to a State's militia having the means to defend against a hostile action by the Federal government.
    1. I don't think the California State Guard ie National Guard would view trading in their M4A1s for a civilian semi-auto very favourably.
    2. Try defending yourself against federal tanks with an AR-15, dimwit.

3. Lounge   -   #1333
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Nah, I am good with a literal reading of the 2nd amendment. People can own and store as many flintlock muskets as they want... No skin off my back.

4. Lounge   -   #1334
    It all fun and games until one errant spark and your whole home made from spruce poles and mud goes up in flames. Oh well, it least the smallpox won't get you.

5. Lounge   -   #1335
    'Merica, the only country in the World where "Gee, those guys who lived 200 years ago sure knew a lot" is considered a sound argument.

6. Lounge   -   #1336
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    In a ruling overturning California's ban on the AR-15, U.S. District Judge Benitez of San Diego “Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle".

I don't see how a gun that has to be stored empty in a locked container is that useful for home defense unless the criminals are nice guys and decide to give prior warning. As for the idiotic assertation that it falls under the Second Amendment.... The Second Amendment speaks first and foremost to a State's militia having the means to defend against a hostile action by the Federal government.
    1. I don't think the California State Guard ie National Guard would view trading in their M4A1s for a civilian semi-auto very favourably.
    2. Try defending yourself against federal tanks with an AR-15, dimwit.
    A good argument in favor of a Howitzer for my front yard.

I think you would find a juncture in your narrative wherein our standing forces join the privateers, to good revolutionary effect.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #1337
    'Merica, the only country in the World where "Gee, those guys who lived 200 years ago sure knew a lot" is considered a sound argument.
    You may consider them Eternal Truths derived from first principles, which NEVER go out of style.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #1338
    You could also consider that they owned slaves, didn't bath and couldn't foresee the advent of the horseless carriage, let alone the airplane.
    Is not my horse also an eternal truth spat forth direct from the mouth of the Creator and thus beyond the questioning of Man?

In other words, times change., a man's got to be wise enough to know when they should change with them and when to continue to ignore the transgenders out of pure spite.

9. Lounge   -   #1339
    You could also consider that they owned slaves, didn't bath and couldn't foresee the advent of the horseless carriage, let alone the airplane.
    Is not my horse also an eternal truth spat forth direct from the mouth of the Creator and thus beyond the questioning of Man?
    I think you'll find the issues of slave-ownership, bathing, and horseless carriages have been addressed, per your preferences.

Also, God was not one of the Founders.

In other words, times change., a man's got to be wise enough to know when they should change with them and when to continue to ignore the transgenders out of pure spite.
    And who is to quantify/qualify this wisdom?

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #1340
    Whichever between Ben Franklin and Ronald Reagan is the least racist.

John Wayne was in the running for a while until things came out.