Thread: Best Video Player

n18's Avatar Death God
    I am looking for a good program that will play my avi/divX movies..so please post the prog you use!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ADSLpredator's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by n18@13 February 2003 - 03:22
    I am looking for a good program that will play my avi/divX movies..so please post the prog you use!
    on linux: mplayer (very good, plays all stuff)
    on windows: bsplayer or microdvd or zoom player

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    imported_stg1123
    windows media player is good (the size of the control panel is a bit big in wm9 when in full screen) but the problem is it doesnt play all avi types. I havent found a film that the real player doesnt play (unless its corrupted of course) and so my advice to you for a solid player is real one gold officially called RealOnePlayerV2Gold.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    yeah realone player is quite nice , and divX player 2.0 lol

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    imported_stg1123
    be serious divx player is as extinct as soul814's computer should have been 2 years ago at least lol (sorry soul)

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    lol true but it looks fuckign sweet when you use the 'Metrix Metal Dream' skin lol

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    WMP 8 (9 sucks- unable to uninstall and crap) looks good but can be a resource hog

Divx Lunacy10 player, sweet and almost no resources, plays all videos and music rather well. Need to adjust system theme to make top and bottom bars during widescreen movies dark, this is the only issue I can point out with this player.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by stg1123@13 February 2003 - 03:21
    be serious divx player is as extinct as soul814's computer should have been 2 years ago at least lol (sorry soul)
    LOL Dont start with that again.

Windows media player 9 does the trick fine for me.

Never had any prob's with it

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by ADSLpredator+13 February 2003 - 02:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ADSLpredator @ 13 February 2003 - 02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--n18@13 February 2003 - 03:22
    I am looking for a good program that will play my avi/divX movies..so please post the prog you use&#33;
    on linux: mplayer (very good, plays all stuff)
    on windows: bsplayer or microdvd or zoom player [/b][/quote]
    i am with you. bs player rocks. i dont have lunx though.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Newbie question

What is wrong with the latest version of the divx player. Would that play back divx encoded movies the best?