Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 2 Installation

Poster
    I just got max payne 2 from my cuzin and tried to install it but it gets like half way then i get an error. It says Component transfer error Component: Main, File group: main, File: F:\data2.cab Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check) My cuzin said it worked for him but why not for me. Then he told me that he went to suprnnova and downloaded max payne 2 cd 1 missing rars. I have a 56 k connection and cant download it. How would I install them anyway? Please help?!

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    C'mon can anyone help me at all? Maybe its my cd drives? Cuz I just talked to my cuzin and he said he gave me the right cd's and that they worked for him cuz he played it. Can anyone give any tips?

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    maby you guys like scratched it crazy and got it corrupted

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    No, there are no scratches on the cd's at all. I think this is the uncut one cuz the first one he got he said it didnt work so he got this one, but how in the world does it work for him and not me and my pc is better too. I duno I'm so mad. Maybe it had like a one time use thing or something. I told him to download me another one but how do i know that one will work? and Which is the reall Max payne 2 on suprnova?

5. Games   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    this all about fake games, some times they work and some times they dont but i allways mount them

make image file from the cd and mount them on HDD then install it

if u dont know about images then cheak Pinned topic or go Here

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Games   -   #6
    Only in a Processor.
    it doesn't matter how better the computer is, its mostly the hardware that backs it. Lets say, you have a 2.4 ghz p4 processor with 256 mb ram. and i have a 1.7 ghz p4 processor with 1 gb ram. which would be the better one? tough decision. but, i bet you that it just the cd reader. try making your temp folder a bit bigger. and also, try just putting his cd reader in place of yours, and see what happends.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Well I have a pentium 4 3.0ghz, 160gb hard drive, 1gb pc-3200 ddr ram dvd player and a dvdrw and a cdrw in one. With a 128mb geforcefx 5200. My cuzin has a 1.7ghz, 512mb, and 80gb hardrive with a cdrw and dvd player. He has a hewlet packard. I have a Sony Viao. I cant take his cd reader cuz he lives 2 hours away and i only see him on vacations. And he wouldnt let me do that anyway. How would I increase my temp folder? Dam I widh I could play Max payne 2, I'm thinkin about buyin it but duno. He burned me call of duty and at least that installed and works awesome but I still want max payne! I dont think it would have this error if I bought it but you know there goes like 40 bucks i dont have.

8. Games   -   #8
    Nothing anyone? I duno anymore.

9. Games   -   #9
    Q: I get an CRC error during installation OR
    Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:\program files\max payne2\MP2_*.ras doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."
    Try disabling DMA on your CD-ROM drive. Here is how:

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel
    Double-click the System icon in the System Properties dialog box.
    Select the Device Manager tab. Click the + plus sign next to the cd-rom icon.
    Double-click the icon for your cd-rom drive.
    Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.
    You probably will have to restart your computer after doing this.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    There is no settings tab in the cd drive area and no dma check box either, I have windows xp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast