Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blazing Fury From Hell

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    $50 or so will get you a bigger case which would go a long way towards solving your problems.
    Allow a decent sized PSU also.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker@1 December 2003 - 02:38
    $50 or so will get you a bigger case which would go a long way towards solving your problems.
    Allow a decent sized PSU also.
    yep
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    ill rebuild it outside the sff case and see if it solves my issues

if not, ill get the vga silencer as i have heard good reviews about it

funny crud: i currently have the side window of my sff case removed, and the temp wont pass 60°c, but its helping to heat my room LOL&#33;

possible solution: because keeping the window off does the card wonders, i will try drilling holes into the side window (i got this suggestion from one of my AIM buddiez)

if it works, then my issue is solved and everyone can live happily ever after spamming this topic, as it will be to no use if my issue is resolved

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by GCNaddict@1 December 2003 - 02:45
    ill rebuild it outside the sff case and see if it solves my issues

if not, ill get the vga silencer as i have heard good reviews about it

funny crud: i currently have the side window of my sff case removed, and the temp wont pass 60°c, but its helping to heat my room LOL&#33;

possible solution: because keeping the window off does the card wonders, i will try drilling holes into the side window (i got this suggestion from one of my AIM buddiez)

if it works, then my issue is solved and everyone can live happily ever after spamming this topic, as it will be to no use if my issue is resolved
    cut a circular hole in the side of your case and fit a case fan on the side, either &#39;sucking&#39; air out or &#39;blowing&#39; it in
    this should go a long way to solving the problems if you can&#39;t/won&#39;t get a new case
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    you be better investing in a vga cooler, doesnt have to be the silent heatpipe one, just anyone should do.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    so the computers cooler?
    the rooms warmer?
    and im not joking, whats the problem, besides to dangers of an open case?
    and why not jsut buy a larger case rather then get a drill and start making holes

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    well, i removed the card and put it into my sis&#39; comp, and now her pc has the same issue. hers is not an sff

i think this is a venting issue

if i cant get it fixed ill just cut a hole into one side, attach an aluminum tray, and bingo my easy bake oven&#33; (lol duffman)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Duffman3@1 December 2003 - 03:48
    so the computers cooler?
    the rooms warmer?
    and im not joking, whats the problem, besides to dangers of an open case?
    and why not jsut buy a larger case rather then get a drill and start making holes
    the problem is that, without any drilled holes, its doing a hell of a good job deforming the plexiglass shell of the case (inner shell of case is brushed aluminum) and if it can do that, it will have no trouble nuking the apartment in which i live

apparently, since using a bigger case didnt help too much, i will simply do some venting of my own

wanna know why i use an sff?

im a lan party maniac&#33; i take my case everywhere, with an LCD monitor as well, and it is already a kickass gaming PC&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    ok, so the easy-bake oven excites me, why try adding a exaust fan, cutting a case hole and adding a fan to pull the warm air out, or rather couple hundred degree air out

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Forgive me for being slow, but...

Your video card is running 50C hotter than your CPU?
    That seems a tad extreme to me.

How are you monitoring this?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast