Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bt Clients Use Ie Proxy Settings?

Double Agent
    I was roaming around at proxy4u forum and came aross this:

apparently the experts there said if you wanna use bt anonymously, simply enter a http proxy/socks proxy setting in the ie browser setting and then you can use bt clients with that proxy.

is this true? has anybody done this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    As far as i know that wont work, you need a progam like proxycap to capture the programs traffic and tunnel it though a proxy and it only works on certain proxy types.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Double Agent
    yeah i thought so

and what kind of program can "socksify" bt clients (certain clients or all clients?) to use proxy servers?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by junkyardking@1 December 2003 - 05:16
    As far as i know that wont work, you need a progam like proxycap to capture the programs traffic and tunnel it though a proxy and it only works on certain proxy types.
    Yeah mate you could loop it through something like sockscap and anon guest.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Double Agent
    mind providing a link?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    Of cause not mate.

http://anguest.spszone.com/

But they seem to be down at the moment.

If you are in a rush thou mate & cant find it anywhere.....(pm)send me an email add.

I just found a working link
    http://www.spszone.com/anguest/buy.htm

the pro 101 crack works too at crack.am

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Double Agent
    thx a lot

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks for the advice ck-uk, I have installed the programs. But I am having trouble getting bt to work through it.

Do you have any hints as to how to set it up? I have added the exe's to the list of apps to use in the sockscap program and have a good set of proxies in anonguest. I start the bt client (tried both shadows and torrentstorm) and when I open a torrnet with torrnetstorm I just get a dos type screen popup. Shadows seems to open properly, but does not connect to anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, I read the bt faq about proxies but am not sure I understand it correctly.

Thanks, TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED
    Umm torrent storm i'm not sure mate..never used it.Shadow thou works fine.All i can say is make sure its all set up correct in the services(to use socks(4)) for bt.You could also delete the slow proxies,so it only uses the faster ones.Or set it in the bt service to only use the proxy(s) of your chioce.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    My basic understanding here is that you click a link and the BT client opens itself whereas SocksCap you open a program through it such as opening Kazaa with SocksCap where you can create shorcuts to do such. I guess you download the torrent and then open the BT client through SocksCap and point back to the torrent file, I'll have to play around with this. However in Shareaza it may be simpler to soksify Shareaza and then enter the torrent which I think the new client is cabable of. If anyone gets any further with this let us know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast