Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Ip's Does Kazaa Use

Poster
    Originally posted by BW~Merlin@1 December 2003 - 18:05
    Ok, thx for your help.  One last question what ports and prots does it use.
    It listens for incoming connections on the port you have set in k-lite> options>Kazaa Lite K++ options>firewall, incoming port. Once connections are made, it switches to another port. You can see all connection Ip and ports used with TCPView.

Sorry, I don't know what "prots" are.

Jg427

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Switeck+1 December 2003 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 1 December 2003 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@1 December 2003 - 12:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-BW~Merlin
    @1 December 2003 - 03:47
    Hi, could someone plz tell me the ip address kazaa uses and what port and prots it uses also, thx 4 your time.

klite uses your ip unless you put a socks5 proxy in there, the port can be found at options>klite options>firewall
    Guess what -- even if you use a Socks5 proxy, Kazaa/KL++ still reports your LOCAL ip, whether that&#39;s your LAN ip (if you have a router) or your internet ip (if you don&#39;t.) You just end up being a special firewalled case LIKE router users and people trying to reach you have to go through a supernode to get the remaining needed connectivity information. [/b][/quote]
    when i use a sucks5 both netlimiter and my firewall show klite using the proxy even if you ping or trace it it does not come back to me, and it does not show or report my real ip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12