Thread: Account recovery

RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    This is gonna be an odd request I know, and I'm sure the answer is gonna be "not possible" but here it goes anyway. I used to have an account on one of the "top" trackers now (back then it had just started) but I stopped torrenting and lost a few accounts, along with this one. I don't know if it was deleted or what. I can't remember the username or the email I used. I tried to reset and entered a few emails I remember and got no hits.

So, I was wondering if there is any way possible to recover my account (if it hasn't been deleted already). I tried going into the IRC couple of times and waited for hours with no response.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    If the account has been deleted, it's gone forever. And if your e-mail is not recognized by the password reset form, that is likely the case.

Nowadays trackers don't delete accounts for inactivity anymore, but back in the day that was the norm. Only staff on this particular site's disabled channel will be able to give a 100% accurate reply, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ya, I figured it's pointless. I'm not even gonna bother to go back on their IRC.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Only suggestion contact the admins. Thank you

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    This is gonna be an odd request I know, and I'm sure the answer is gonna be "not possible" but here it goes anyway. I used to have an account on one of the "top" trackers now (back then it had just started) but I stopped torrenting and lost a few accounts, along with this one.I don't know if it was deleted or what. I can't remember the username or the email I used. I tried to reset and entered a few emails I remember and got no hits.

So, I was wondering if there is any way possible to recover my account (if it hasn't been deleted already).I tried going into the IRC couple of times and waited for hours with no response.
    I did not see it worth the effort. they are closing long-silent accounts forever. but still it is useful to get support from admins.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Actually I am on the same boat.
    I have had some nice (read, useful) tracker accounts from back in 2010-2012 era and I stopped using since 2014.
    Now I am back and I am surprised to see 99% of them are gone, forever. Even the email is not recognized anymore
    Last edited by bijoy; 02-15-2021 at 02:16 AM.
    Teh n00b.