Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics Card Need Help

Poster
    I'm going to buy a new card for my PC. It's a Radeon 9200SE 128mb DDR 8x APG. I'm using a GF2 mx 440. I would like to know how it might run and if there may be any kind of problems with compatability or anything at all. Just need to know some general information cause i'm new to installing a card. Oh one more, will it be easy to install? Low on money.

Specs:
    1.8ghz celeron
    512mb ram
    60gb hdd

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The card should be easy enough to install, just be sure that it is firmly seated in the slot.

Does your motherboard support 8x AGP?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    why r u asking if it supports 8X? thats the least of his troubles unless hes gonna be running a 9800 XT. and i think that the 9200's support as low as 2x. so all he relly needs is a AGP slot with 2x

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks for the replies. How can I tell if it can support 8x and what is that? I a noob at all this.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    What board do you have?
    The specs will tell.
    If the board doesn't support it, your card is backwards compatable and will just play at the lower speed, but you will have wasted your money....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I just busted out the guide for it and it says it does support 8x. Any other problems you think I could run into?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nope.

Happy viewing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    WOOOHOOOO!! Very greatful, thanks again for all the help.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    After you get your card installed, you may want to DL a program called 3D Mark 2001 and run some tests to see if you can optimize it's performance.
    I would recommend that you use Omega Drivers instead of the ATI drivers that will come with your installation CD.
    Included with the Omega DL are some nice tweaking features, 3D mark will tell you if you are making progress with them.
    In BIOS you may have the option of how much memory you allocate to the card, this can make a big difference also.

If you spend some time upon initial setup you can be sure that you are getting all the performance that your system will allow.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    One other thing... Before removing the GeForce card, uninstall it's drivers. After you install the new card you'll need the drivers for the new card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast