Thread: To Many Sources

I have problems with three of my downloads.

They remain in connecting, and the users list that appears keep on looping, without connecting.

I tried to use K-Dat to delete some sources (there are almost 54 each download) but I keep getting the error message "I/O error 34"

How can I delete sources that are "plugged" into the .dat-file, without loosing the file?

It seems like klite++ searches in loop all over that source-list, and it loops because they are no longer existing sources (i.e. changed username, or IP-adress). I don't have any clue of how this works in computer-terminology, so I'm trying to use some common sense here.

So, can I delete sources without K-Dat? How? And what problems can this cause to the downloads? And can anyone tell me why the K-Dat have this delete-function that doesn'y work?

Thanx You all!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    make sure you have kazaa lite closed when you are using kdat.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Firefox is right again!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shooZh@1 December 2003 - 11:37
    I have problems with three of my downloads.

They remain in connecting, and the users list that appears keep on looping, without connecting.

I tried to use K-Dat to delete some sources (there are almost 54 each download) but I keep getting the error message "I/O error 34"

How can I delete sources that are "plugged" into the .dat-file, without loosing the file?

It seems like klite++ searches in loop all over that source-list, and it loops because they are no longer existing sources (i.e. changed username, or IP-adress). I don't have any clue of how this works in computer-terminology, so I'm trying to use some common sense here.

So, can I delete sources without K-Dat? How? And what problems can this cause to the downloads? And can anyone tell me why the K-Dat have this delete-function that doesn'y work?

Thanx You all!
    as FF said to make changes to your dat files, klite needs to be closed, you don't delete all sources only the ones with no ip for that go here

also remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps