Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-virus Programs?

NEO
    Originally posted by Daphne@13 February 2003 - 05:48
    Does anyone have a good freeware program for virus prevention???
    anyone use grisoft avg?

Sorry if it's a repost
    Used to use PC-Cillin and now also have Kaspersky which is rated highly but is extensive...

Regards
    NEO

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    TRshady
    I too have my precautions about downloading anti-virus software of kazaa coz people who download these usually dont have anti-virus protection (thus they want it ). So people could eaily target these people and share 'norton anti-virus 2003 - REAL COPY' when its actually a virus.

If you want norton, mcaffe etc of kazaa i suggest installing avg first to scan a downloaded software then just unistall if u want to use it. I use avg (it caught over 10 viruses this month) where wen i had norton i dodnt seem to get any (which made me believe didn't work).

plus norton can slow down your pc if you have aslow pc (under 700mhz, if that makes sense).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Another one for AVG here. It's never let me down yet.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    i use Norton av and it always worked great for me.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    I use this ONLINE virus scanner!

Doesn't cost you a thing.. and always the latest updates!
    Try it!

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/s.../start_corp.asp

Good Luck!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Do you want something on "kazaa free" or the other kind of free?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    dvx02
    i use 2 also i got fix it 4 and norton av 2003 THE BEST!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    my best advice to those trying to get a anti-virus program is this, its actaully quite simple, first download whatever one you want off of kazaa (nav 2003 prof. is good) then go to a site that provides free virus scans (as mentioned in an earlier post) and run a scan to make sure the av program you just downloaded has no virus', if its all clean then install/extract the file you downloaded.....thats how i did it when i first got my computer and so far no problems , oh and btw id recommend nav 2003 professional with REGULAR MANUAL UPDATES, the automatic ones seem to be behind, i have heard that it is because they run the auto-update on a slower ftp server or something??? i dunno, just what ive heard

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    dotkar
    I have been using Nortons AV 2003 on 5 different systems. On one system the owner gets tons of emails with attatchments and Nortons has failed to detect trojans and viruses several times two of which were system cripling. I switched over to McAfee VirusScan and it detected all the ones Nortons missed. I suggest McAfee. It is faster (in some cases) and detects tons more.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    TRshady
    You must be one in a million who think mcaffe better, Ive tried them all, using avg at the moment but I do think nortons the best. Mcaffe are rubbish (you work for mcaffe?).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast