Thread: M-peg1

How do i spit a m-peg 1 file into two so then i cud copy the two splitted files to 2 disks???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Why how big is it ?
    If you must try TMPGEnc .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    its 1.09 gb i used tmpgenc to convert it from avi to mpeg now i jus need to split it but dont no how????

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Tools: TMPGEnc. To edit MPEG2 make sure that you have MPEG2 codec installed.

Launch TMPGEnc and close the Wizard.

0. Select in the menu File->MPEG-Tools and press Merge & Cut.
    1. Select Video-CD or if making SVCD select Super Video-CD
    2. Add the mpg (if join add all the mpgs)
    3. Doubleclick on the mpg if you want cut/split out a part of the mpg. (see below)
    4. Select Output and OK.

Edit

First hit Play and then Pause or else it wont work so good. (If it freezes check the Problems sections below.)
    1. Drag the bar to where the clip should start
    2. Hit Start
    3. Drag the bar to where the clip should end
    4. Hit End
    5. OK

Problems:

If TMPGEnc Freezes when editing

Be sure to Press Play and Pause before editing

or

"Well I found out a way to get around it. u have to got into the edit screen then move the slider to the 2 positions write down the seconds. tmpge with probably be frozen by now. then u ctrl+alt+del it re-open it then open the edit screen and just put in the numbers DO NOT touch the slider bar, i found that to be the reason it crashes. U should maybe put this info some where on the page because i spent an hour or so messing with it. So it could save people some time and frustration" /Daniel

or

"Hey i think a way around the freezing in TMPGEnc is to make swap step 3&4. If you put an output before you edit the movie it won't freeze ... at least not for me. It may not work for everyone but it worked on my 2 computers. "

or

Try to cut with another editor
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have split the files now and both are 500k and both are m-peg1 format can i burn them to disk using a simple burner like windows etc, and be able to burn them on a vcd player????

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Step@1 December 2003 - 22:59
    I have split the files now and both are 500k and both are m-peg1 format can i burn them to disk using a simple burner like windows etc, and be able to burn them on a vcd player????
    just nero if u have it and choice to amek a vcd u should check this site out dvdrhelp.com
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now