Thread: Sharing With Low Loaders

How do I tell people that i can`t have my computer turned on for 79 hours. I would like to share files but not with someone at the speed of 0.37

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    That's fine, you just turn your computer off whenever you want. People always turn theirs off without giving me a warning, and then it will just say "More Sources Needed", and then I just wait until the next night to finish it off.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@1 December 2003 - 20:05
    (...)and then it will just say "More Sources Needed", and then I just wait until the next night to finish it off.
    Or lookfor more sources and no problem.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by khk@1 December 2003 - 14:01
    How do I tell people that i can`t have my computer turned on for 79 hours. I would like to share files but not with someone at the speed of 0.37
    Increase the number of max uploads allowed at once then.

If that doesn't get you new uploads to fill however much upload bandwidth you're willing to burn, it's either because you're sharing very few files, are firewalled/behind a router (and locking everyone also firewalled/routered out), or you have a seriously powerful internet connection.

(The sort that can use the 'unlimited' upload bandwidth option and 50 uploads at once and NOT max out their connection type...)

If you've hardly got anything going on, like you seem to, then do a quick reboot.

Your computer may thank you for it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@2 December 2003 - 03:05
    That's fine, you just turn your computer off whenever you want. People always turn theirs off without giving me a warning, and then it will just say "More Sources Needed", and then I just wait until the next night to finish it off.
    I've the same experienced with yours.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    some ISP's limit your uploads because uploading goes against their stream. cablevisoion limited me to 1 k/bps because of just that.. thats cablevision for ya. if you go over that specific limit, they will cut your speed down.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    internet.news
    Originally posted by khk@1 December 2003 - 20:01
    I normally allow on my freakin' dyin' DialUp 1-2 Uploads at once and try
    to stay online as long as the uploads are finished. If I can't stay online I
    turn my kazaa off - normally there are so many sources. That is the idea behind
    it: many people have same file and one guy does not have to be whole the time
    online ... The file is partly d/l from one user in california and from on in
    europe maybe at another time...