Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Did You Remove Divx Anti-freeze In Codeck Pack

That was dummest thing ever!!! I know that new codecs are pretty much stable and IN MOST cases divx anti-freeze isn't needed, even when there are problems with movie files, but...files that were fixed with divfix -they are the problem, couse windows media player stops playing them at fix-place if there is no anti-freeze (BSplayer playes but badly). Put divx antifreeze back on!
    Image Resized

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    paul said it wasnt needed. i never used it even when it was in the pack, ive never had a problem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    I will re-add it because it is not so big anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well I saw other posts and i see something is seriously wrong with this codeck pack
    However it might not be the anti-freeze, since file I was talking about is coded at Xvid.
    Anyway-it stopes on a fix place at windows media player and goes on at BSplayer
    with codeck pack 2.10 I could freely watch it at both. I cannot go back to 2.10-tried it-couse then when I try to open ANY of my movies I get a message that either media player doesn't have right codeck, or the file is corrupt
    I can't put here any of the images I have collected from GSpot, since they are located on my hard drive and not on web, however Paul, if you give an e-mail to send them to, I'll do that
    my e-mail is:
    [email protected]
    Image Resized

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Try the 2.21 test version. That should fix it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oh I sure will try it - yomorrow, already downloaded it
    I'll send you a report.
    Again is there any mail I can send it to, that way I'll be able to include visual info, or may be there is any way to post visual info here at this forum?
    Image Resized

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well Paul-I gave it a try-doesn't solve the problem
    Image Resized

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have also tried start->run->regsvr32 quartz.dll
    didn't fix the problem either
    Image Resized

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Mate , just find an image host or free host from around this forum,or google.Then use the image button at the top of your reply box,& display the info.

Mate if you want me to host these pics,could you hurry up plz.

Thanx

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    wow wow wow!!!! Hold your horses!
    I wasn't talking about some stupid image, pardon me folks...
    I was talking about info i got from GSpot and saved it as .jpeg on my computer.
    Now so we wouldn't slide from main topic, here's a remainder:

1'st message
    ---------
    That was dummest thing ever!!! I know that new codecs are pretty much stable and IN MOST cases divx anti-freeze isn't needed, even when there are problems with movie files, but...files that were fixed with divfix -they are the problem, couse windows media player stops playing them at fix-place if there is no anti-freeze (BSplayer playes but badly). Put divx antifreeze back on!
    -------------
    answer:
    -------------
    Paul Posted on 1 December 2003 - 22:54
    I will re-add it because it is not so big anyway.
    -------------
    2'nd message
    -------------
    Well I saw other posts and i see something is seriously wrong with this codeck pack
    However it might not be the anti-freeze, since file I was talking about is coded at Xvid.
    Anyway-it stopes on a fix place at windows media player and goes on at BSplayer
    with codeck pack 2.10 I could freely watch it at both. I cannot go back to 2.10-tried it-couse then when I try to open ANY of my movies I get a message that either media player doesn't have right codeck, or the file is corrupt
    I can't put here any of the images I have collected from GSpot, since they are located on my hard drive and not on web, however Paul, if you give an e-mail to send them to, I'll do that
    --------------
    answer
    --------------
    Paul Posted on 3 December 2003 - 15:06
    Try the 2.21 test version. That should fix it.
    --------------
    3'rd message (combined)
    --------------
    Well Paul-I gave it a try-doesn't solve the problem
    I have also tried start->run->regsvr32 quartz.dll
    didn't fix the problem either
    --------------
    Now anyone got a solution? cause if not-I'll just open my GHOST backup and go back to a system with 2.10 codeck-that one was good. The problem is of course I am not sure there won't be other f*** ups in 2.3 and further versions
    Oh by the way I think that onvce you install 2.20 it installs some unremovabe components that interact with windows media 9 player and that f***s up it's performance. It could help, if i could post my .jpegs, i have saved from GSpot...or may be not...
    Image Resized

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast