Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Isp Told Me To Stop Sharing!

i've condsidered switching over to dsl, but isn't dsl slower than cable?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by brucelee21@2 December 2003 - 11:13
    i've condsidered switching over to dsl, but isn't dsl slower than cable?
    might be but u always have the same speed all the time
    Open your mind

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by brucelee21@1 December 2003 - 23:18
    My ISP called me the other day concerning my high-speed internet. I spoke to a rep and she said that my dl/ul were unusally high for a residential connection.
    I just got high speed in Oct. so I was itchin for dowloadin....Oct- 22gb dl/ul(kazaa lite only)....Nov- 57gb dl/ul ( BT and kazaa lite). She said that if I was using any kind of filesharing program, that I should turn of the sharing...also saying that apprx 22gb was an okay amount per month, but it was still in the high dl's. I asked if this was common and she said no its rare....so with that being said what should I do???
    Just tell her to mind her own business and most importantly keep sharing!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Lower your sharing speeds, ESPECIALLY on BitTorrent -- which will try to overload T-3 lines if given a chance!

Shadow's Experimental BitTorrent client allows you to use a default connection type, although you're limited to the default values under them.
    I run with dial-up @ 5 KB/sec and 2 uploads, but usually speed it up to low-end broadband @10 KB/sec and ~4-6 uploads.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    damn...glad my isp doesnt limit anything..as i usually hit 120 gig bandwidth a month

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    HOw do I get dl speeds of 350-500 kbs w/ BT??? I usually keep my settings at the default cable/fast settings....Sometimes I get 250kbs near the end of a file, but usually it slows down to about 100-150kbs if i'm lucky ( depends what time it is).....I wanna get 500kbs and really piss em off...hopefully they won't disconnect me......I'll look forward to their next call.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    SchwinG
    I have shaw cable, go canada , and they have told me me to stop sharing, and I actually told them to fuck off, havnt had another phone call since

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by SchwinG@5 December 2003 - 00:56
    I have shaw cable, go canada , and they have told me me to stop sharing, and I actually told them to fuck off, havnt had another phone call since
    you did? wow you got some nerve

not recommanded but oh well

just hope you dont wake up one morning and find urself disconnected

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    internet.news
    Originally posted by brucelee21@2 December 2003 - 01:18
    My ISP called me the other day concerning my high-speed internet. I spoke to a rep and she said that my dl/ul were unusally high for a residential connection.
    I just got high speed in Oct. so I was itchin for dowloadin....Oct- 22gb dl/ul(kazaa lite only)....Nov- 57gb dl/ul ( BT and kazaa lite). She said that if I was using any kind of filesharing program, that I should turn of the sharing...also saying that apprx 22gb was an okay amount per month, but it was still in the high dl's. I asked if this was common and she said no its rare....so with that being said what should I do???
    yeah, maybe you have max. you can d/l - if you want to be sure, just don't d/l more than these 22gb next time.

I don't think this was a warning. I do not think they can see you are using Kazaa.
    They only see that ports are being used often, but that could mean also that you have a webserver on your pc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12