Thread: Ok. I Apologize

I did not understand how the board works; nor did I expect such prompt responses. I'm still in uncharted waters here.

I have signed up for this site three---no, four times in the last year. I had a hard drive crash once, then a software upgrade, then a new computer. I have downloaded a bunch of stuff that interests me.

I'm not getting the responses this time that I did before. I am getting a lot of searches that net nothing even after I just searched it. Next time I search that category, it ain't there; so I leave the unsatisfied search in traffic.; sometimes for weeks. Is that counter-productive?

Also, I get a lot of searches 90% satisfied and then the traffic just dries up and I ger More S... or Remote. Should I be responding in some way to that?

More after this gets handled; and I will check again later.

Thans in advance for helping me out.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok im lost

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Whats the question ?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    try jumping supernodes

check "questions" and "problems" for more answers

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by budharrelson@2 December 2003 - 02:51
    I did not understand how the board works; nor did I expect such prompt responses. I'm still in uncharted waters here.

I have signed up for this site three---no, four times in the last year. I had a hard drive crash once, then a software upgrade, then a new computer. I have downloaded a bunch of stuff that interests me.

I'm not getting the responses this time that I did before. I am getting a lot of searches that net nothing even after I just searched it. Next time I search that category, it ain't there; so I leave the unsatisfied search in traffic.; sometimes for weeks. Is that counter-productive?

Also, I get a lot of searches 90% satisfied and then the traffic just dries up and I ger More S... or Remote. Should I be responding in some way to that?

More after this gets handled; and I will check again later.

Thans in advance for helping me out.

read the faq

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Poster
    This looks likes like a post from someone who paid for kazaa. Confusing "this site" (kazaa, the program) with "this site", the forum.

If not, then feel free to explain why you needed to "sign up" 4 times ???

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    this could be something for muscleman ,he usually has an answer for everything - i personally think the guy has probs when hes searching for something on kazaa -no sources etc
    Open your mind

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I think I understand...
    You start a download that never starts to download?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by Broken@2 December 2003 - 07:47

You start a download that never starts to download?
    Nope, he downloaded a start that never started.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --