Thread: How To Prove I'm Sharing

I've seen several files with comments saying if they can't find files I'm sharing, they will cut off my download. How do you check to see if someone is sharing? I've tried "Find more from the same -> User" when someone is uploading from me but it always returns with zero results. I have "Users can't get a list of all your shared files" checked since that's what the FAQ seem to suggest and I don't have "Disable sharing of files with other users" checked.

Thanks,

-K

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Aberrant
    Disabling users from being able to see yer list of shared files supposedly offers you some protection from the likes of the RIAA.

Unfortunately, it also makes it appear to other users as if yer not sharing at all.

You just need to decide for y'self which is more important.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The only way to prove you are sharing is to uncheck "users cant get a list of youre files" which is not a good idea, as this option is there to hide youre files from the RIAA etc, just carry on, you`ll be fine

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    More often than not, the comment about sharing was added by someone in the past and just not removed by the person currently sharing it. I believe most users know about the privacy patch now.

I think it is even in current versions of the original Kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

I am curious about this function!.

How does it work?

If it blocks the list of shared files then how come my files show up for people searching for individual files?.

Does it prevent the ISP from seeing what is beeing shared?

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The only thing it does is prevent other users form pulling up a complete list of files that you are sharing, the program still sends out individual search result request.

No it does not make you invisiable to your isp, but i don't really know any that go so far as to monitor what you are doing. Just how much you are doing. They only really can about the amount of bandwith you are using. The problems start when copyright holders come across you and your are sharing.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Aberrant
    --- Was same reply as Broken.... just a few seconds too slow. ---

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kiyomi@2 December 2003 - 01:19
    I've seen several files with comments saying if they can't find files I'm sharing, they will cut off my download. How do you check to see if someone is sharing? I've tried "Find more from the same -> User" when someone is uploading from me but it always returns with zero results. I have "Users can't get a list of all your shared files" checked since that's what the FAQ seem to suggest and I don't have "Disable sharing of files with other users" checked.

Thanks,

-K
    next time send those idiots a pm back saying that you live in the us and you have your privacy patch on and even tho you are sharing them they can't be viewed or send them here so i can have a little word with those morans,

point is you can't talk sense to an idiot so f*** them and move on

@Joakim Agren, this is feature that has been around for a long time, way back it used to be a stand alone patch that you installed separatly but now its included so you don't have to go thru the trouble,

how it work is it hides you shared folder from a direct view, but you are still sharing them, you show up as a source not because you have the file present in your shared folder but because at some point in the search there is a record of you downloading it

it has nothing to do with your isp or ip and it only masks the shared files and nothing else