Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Problems With Kazaa 2.43 Installation

  1. #1
    hi
    i have recently stoped using kazaa after i found over 1000 spyware on my pc. some one told me to give k lite a try and so i did. but when i was downloading it on my pc it only download it half way and a problem came up . it said
    C:\ program files\kazaa lite k==\kazaalite.kpp
    an erro occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory.
    movefile failed, code 5
    access is denied.
    i hope you can help or i have to go back to that kazaa or should i say spyware

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,059
    Have you tired to re-download the program again?

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yes i did it so many times but the same problem comes up and when i just ignore the problem and download it anyway i cant open k lite .

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,059
    Sorry,
    not really good with problems like this. I'd try installing in a differnt directory.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by vancity10@2 December 2003 - 02:47
    hi
    i have recently stoped using kazaa after i found over 1000 spyware on my pc. some one told me to give k lite a try and so i did. but when i was downloading it on my pc it only download it half way and a problem came up . it said
    C:\ program files\kazaa lite k==\kazaalite.kpp
    an erro occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory.
    movefile failed, code 5
    access is denied.
    i hope you can help or i have to go back to that kazaa or should i say spyware
    have uninstalled the kmd off your desktop yet??

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Godzone
    Posts
    803
    As per Mus above you to to fully uninstall KMD first before installing KLite. Run adaware and/or spybot again after you have uninstalled KMD.

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yes i have removed all of KMD and yes i have pestpatrol which i used to remove all adware and spyware but still this program doesnt work. i have tried all these ways and more. i kind of know a bit about programs and software but still cant figure out what the hell this problem means. as i said before when i download the software by ignoring this particular probelm.

    it say Hkey local machine or hkey current user is missing k lite application. i checked it out but the application is there and i also stoped all my extra protection that prevents files from being downloaded in this area but it still doesnt work. i still think that experts someone who is an epert on k lite can help me out. by the way thx for quik reponse, thx.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by vancity10@2 December 2003 - 04:56
    Yes i have removed all of KMD and yes i have pestpatrol which i used to remove all adware and spyware but still this program doesnt work. i have tried all these ways and more. i kind of know a bit about programs and software but still cant figure out what the hell this problem means. as i said before when i download the software by ignoring this particular probelm.

    it say Hkey local machine or hkey current user is missing k lite application. i checked it out but the application is there and i also stoped all my extra protection that prevents files from being downloaded in this area but it still doesnt work. i still think that experts someone who is an epert on k lite can help me out. by the way thx for quik reponse, thx.
    ok first of all get rid of the anoying size please, second please do this

    save your shared files to a temp folder uninstall any version of kazaa you have, go to program files and delete any kazaa folder you see, go to c:drive>my shared folder delete that, delet your db folder, run adaware then install klite

    then if it still does not connect come back and we will take it from there,

    also i recommend ad aware or spy sweeper instead of pestpatrol

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    like i said i deleted every thing to do with kazaa and so that means I did delete my shared folder. right now i have no programs relating to kazaa on my pc and i also dont have any spyware or adware either. But i also have spybot running on my pc i am not sure if that could cause the denid access problem. i will uninstall that and give it a try.[SIZE=1]

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by vancity10@2 December 2003 - 06:42
    like i said i deleted every thing to do with kazaa and so that means I did delete my shared folder. right now i have no programs relating to kazaa on my pc and i also dont have any spyware or adware either. But i also have spybot running on my pc i am not sure if that could cause the denid access problem. i will uninstall that and give it a try.[SIZE=1]
    you did have klite also right???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •