Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: The Official Nonofficial Drug Thread

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Ozbabe,

of course I did not understand the risks I was taking at 15, but everyone in my family smokes a joint every now and then. They have kids, they have a job, a nice house, cars, they functionate perfectally in society.

I'm just saying that it doesn't have the same effect on anyone.

As for your question: My best friend got hooked on heroin, got into prostitution and killed herself and there was nothing I could do about it, so I do understand the risks of drug ABUSE.

There are more people who don't have a problem with it then there are who do, at least that's what it's like in my 'scene'.
    Maybe legalising it could get drug addiction out of marginality, and that, is in my view, the only way to start solving the problem (because I am certainly not denying there IS one).

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by Skweeky@2 December 2003 - 20:12
    Ok, I've been smoking marihuana on regular bases ever since I was 15.

Over the years I tried several drugs; xtc, speed,etc...I could handle them when I was feeling ok. I think it's ok to experiment with drugs when you are sure your menthal health is alright.
    @ Yoge... in many cases marijuana is the gateway...

my post wasnt condeming or slamming Squeeky.. i asked a question.. did she know exactly what she was getting into at 15?...

yes i edited Skweekys post to show that she herself has said that she's experimented further...

3. Lounge   -   #83
    yes but why is marijuana considered a gateway drug? Is it because it inherently makes you seek out other drugs? No, theres nothing medically that causes this, in this respect its no different to nicotine or alcohol which are not considered gateway drugs. That imo just leaves the fact that marijuana is a gateway drug simply because its illegal.
    Plus, i don't really believe the whole gateway drug thing, yes it probably is the first illegal drug people try because its basically harmless, but if marijuana didn't exist I think most hard drug users would probably just have started with something else.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    in many cases marijuana is the gateway
    That's mainly the case where all drugs are strongly prohibited.

It's not the marijuana being the gateway.

It's the dealers.

Decriminalising drugs will prevent that.

In the US 9% of harddrug-users came there through milder drugs.

In Holland it's 1,5 percent.

Yogs

5. Lounge   -   #85
    muchspl2
    wow, this got big quick

6. Lounge   -   #86
    BANNED
    here is what i feel if smokeing is legal but its harmful well come on why are some drugs illegal they may be lessharmful some of them at least i think smokeing should be illegal if all drugs are i will explain more about how i feel later im tired

7. Lounge   -   #87
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    If you want to pick a gateway drug........How about caffine?

Peace brotherdoobie

8. Lounge   -   #88
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I have been through stuff in my life due to drugs which have been hard, but this isnt the place for talking about them,

I strongly feel that legalising drugs can be a good thing. It will mean the Government can control the drugs and profit fro he sale of the drugs.

Think how much tax woyuld be raised? this could be put to use on education and rehabilitation. The fight against drugs will never be won so i think it is time something was done to help.

All that extra money to pay for the care of recovering addicts, education to stop people getting into them in the first place, it can any help. More importantly there would be no need for the drug dealers anymore - if the Government sold the drugs they could and should impose an age limit just like ciggerettes and alcohol.

That's my tuppence worth anyway

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789