Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official Nonofficial Drug Thread

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@2 December 2003 - 10:57
    keep up the good work...
    good work? like what? making a thread about cat killing just to get lots of responses? that seems more like being an attention whore, rather than being a good member.

as for the points raised by rikk.
    do i think it's irresponsible to let your child have uncensored/unlimited tv and internet access? if it's my child, yes. i can't speak for other people's children.

are p2p networks being irresponsible? what a vague question, in my opinion. that's like asking "is the internet irresponsible?"

should we have underage members? how would you verify age? it's irrelevant because there wouldn't be a way to verify the age.

answer to the last question: i am not encouraging any kids to steal. i heard about kazaa from a friend, not from the internet. i think when people hear they can download movies, instead of pay for them, they are gonna want to try it. as far as kids, where have i encouraged kids to do it?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Umm i don;t get the p2p -> drugs connection thing, but...

Legalising drugs doesn't necessarily mean admitting they're ok or allowing increased access to children. Perhaps it might even lead to them being harder to obtain for children, proper licencing could take drug use out of the secretive & seedy underworld and allow for improved understanding and control. It could potentially also decrease the power and wealth of the criminal elements of society.
    I personally can't think of a single reason why cannabis should be banned and alcohol or nicotine not, apart from the fact that we in the west are historically more accustomed to alcohol. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a well thought out and reasoned approach to drugs than simply sticking to tradition?

Billy i thought you used to be pro-weed? Has something changed, or is it just for the purpose of debate / for the craic?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Again and again.......

The worst drug in this world is legal.

Dealers called liquorstores.

Alcohol.

Most "drug"-related deaths are from alcohol.

Not to forget violence, abuse, fucked-up family's, etc, etc.

Encouraging any drug, incl. alcohol, to anyone is wrong.

Just as forbidding it is wrong.

The money now used on the so called war on drugs is money thrown away.

People take drugs. Some because they like it as an enhancement, some because

it's cool, some to forget..........

And don't forget the enormous amounts of perscribed drugs, taken by a much

larger group then who use "illegal" drugs. Lots of those "medicines" are more

harmfull then for instance pot.

Money should be spent on good education about drugs, good regulation and

prevention of abuse.

Just as OZbabe i've seen my fair share of fucked up kids.....

If it's not pot, it's glue.

Their lives were mostly shattered by parents(if any...), the

drugs came after that......

As long as mankind fails to make a society for all people, all you can do is try to

make the best for your own and surrounding kids.

By raising them as responsible people with an eye for the needs of others.

My two penny's.......

Yogs

To add to the discussion:

What would happen if all drugs were legalized tomorrow??

4. Lounge   -   #54
    cheaper prices

5. Lounge   -   #55
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@2 December 2003 - 11:27
    Again and again.......

The worst drug in this world is legal.

Dealers called liquorstores.

Alcohol.

Most "drug"-related deaths are from alcohol.

Not to forget violence, abuse, fucked-up family's, etc, etc.

Encouraging any drug, incl. alcohol, to anyone is wrong.

Just as forbidding it is wrong.

The money now used on the so called war on drugs is money thrown away.

People take drugs. Some because they like it as an enhancement, some because

it's cool, some to forget..........

And don't forget the enormous amounts of perscribed drugs, taken by a much

larger group then who use "illegal" drugs. Lots of those "medicines" are more

harmfull then for instance pot.

Money should be spent on good education about drugs, good regulation and

prevention of abuse.

Just as OZbabe i've seen my fair share of fucked up kids.....

If it's not pot, it's glue.

As long as mankind fails to make a society for all people, all you can do is try to

make the best for your own and surrounding kids.

By raising them as responsible people with an eye for the needs of others.

My two penny's.......

Yogs

To add to the discussion:

What would happen if all drugs were legalized tomorrow??
    Well put SG, I can't help but support you view. Only one point...Did you mean "legal" drugs?

6. Lounge   -   #56
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MS+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MS)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i was proposing a thread/section where CURRENT USERS could discuss drug related issues[/b]

Originally posted by BD+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BD)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>We have a large amount of members under 18, a large proportion of the whole forum. Some 12 &#036; 13, these are kids[/b]

Originally posted by MS
    way to change the subject rikk but how is stealing serial numbers any worse than doing drugs
    Originally posted by BD
    How is pointing out the age of the kids on this board changing the subject? This is a drug thread.
    <!--QuoteBegin-MS
    @
    just as some drugs are gateway drugs, that lead to harder drugs, p2p leads to "other things" like hacking.[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-BD

So do you believe that parents who let their kids onto this forum. and P2P networks are being irresponsible then?[/quote]

What didn&#39;t you understand about the current of our conversation?

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Just as OZbabe i&#39;ve seen my fair share of fucked up kids.....

If it&#39;s not pot, it&#39;s glue.

uh huh SG...
    and if its not glue... its petrol...
    and if its not petrol ... its any solvent... flyspray, weed killers... just horrible..

good work? like what? making a thread about cat killing just to get lots of responses? that seems more like being an attention whore, rather than being a good member.
    @ MS... that&#39;s going off the topic darlin... and i think BD is debating this one really well... thats being a good member...

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Forum Star
    just to clear things up - my point of view in this thread was not about weed. and i still dont think that its good to point out "good", or however you want to word it, points of taking drugs, simply because there are so many young people here.

i&#39;d agree with the bad points about booze, i&#39;ve seen it do just as much harm as drugs, but i reckon the only good to come out of legalising weed is, as ilw said, getting rid of a certain element in society.

even people, myself included, who smoke/d weed cant say that it does&#39;nt screw with your head. there&#39;s a time and place for it if you want to do it, and a time and place for talking about it which i dont think is here.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by nigel123@2 December 2003 - 13:37

Well put SG, I can&#39;t help but support you view. Only one point...Did you mean "legal" drugs?
    I don&#39;t understand. "Legal" drugs where??(in my piece...)

Yogi

10. Lounge   -   #60
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@2 December 2003 - 11:42
    Just as OZbabe i&#39;ve seen my fair share of fucked up kids.....

If it&#39;s not pot, it&#39;s glue.

uh huh SG...
    and if its not glue... its petrol...
    and if its not petrol ... its any solvent... flyspray, week killers... just horrible..

@ MS... that&#39;s going off the topic darlin... and i think BD is debating this one really well... thats being a good member...
    he&#39;s also contradicting himself, making it appear as though he does drugs, but is against it for the purpose of this thread, just to argue. if so, that&#39;s lying, and that&#39;s not being a good member. that&#39;s appeasing the crowd.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast