Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Nonofficial Drug Thread

BANNED
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 19:25
    the subject of my post, not the subject of the thread.

nice try, though.
    Oh, I see, you want me to compare stealing files on a P2P network with fucking your life up with drugs? Go talk to street kids and ask them how many of them are there because of their dealings with P2P networks. Ask all your prisoners too.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Retired
    I think if drugs becomes legal some problems will be solved because when it isn't illegal anymore and people don't get a 'kick' anymore when they use it

3. Lounge   -   #43
    BANNED
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@2 December 2003 - 19:30
    I think if drugs becomes legal some problems will be solved because when it isn't illegal anymore and people don't get a 'kick' anymore when they use it

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Retired
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 10:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 2 December 2003 - 10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@2 December 2003 - 19:30
    I think if drugs becomes legal some problems will be solved because when it isn&#39;t illegal anymore and people don&#39;t get a &#39;kick&#39; anymore when they use it

[/b][/quote]
    well yes. when people use it now in the US, they get a kick of smoking it because it illegal. when it becomes legal I think the addictions will be not as high as it is now

&#39;I think I did not explain it very good&#39; srry

5. Lounge   -   #45
    muchspl2
    I am glad drugs didn&#39;t mess up anyoun&#39;in moderation :/

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    An interesting topic in the lounge? Cool...

Anyhow I haven&#39;t got much time so I&#39;d just like to say that I work with a lot of young people in my job and I feel that they are ignorant of the effects (both short term and long term) of drugs in general. Whilst children shouldn&#39;t be encouraged to take drugs teachers and parents should be doing more to educate children the effects and safe use of drugs.

Young people are ALWAYS going to take drugs no matter what people tell them (and I don&#39;t think this forum is going to make any under 18&#39;s suddenly rush out and start smoking crack) so it&#39;s really about risk reduction.

Damn I got to go to work, this topc looks good...

7. Lounge   -   #47
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 10:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 2 December 2003 - 10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@2 December 2003 - 19:25
    the subject of my post, not the subject of the thread.

nice try, though.
    Oh, I see, you want me to compare stealing files on a P2P network with fucking your life up with drugs? Go talk to street kids and ask them how many of them are there because of their dealings with P2P networks. Ask all your prisoners too.

[/b][/quote]
    just as some drugs are gateway drugs, that lead to harder drugs, p2p leads to "other things" like hacking. there was a well known case awhile back of a guy in the bay area of california who got busted for violating the dss/dvd secrets(he made an open source dvd player). he went to jail. now i agree, that drugs will do more damage and are "worse" than p2p or hacking put together, but the point is both of those things are bad. both can lead to jailtime, and one of them(filesharing) can get you sued. which won&#39;t land you in jail, but will affect your finances. but i do agree, it&#39;s not for children. i don&#39;t remember saying that it was. so that&#39;s a problem, some children use the forum. but i personally would not let my child have uncensored access to the internet or the tv. that, too, would be irresponsible.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Forum Star
    p2p leads to "other things" like hacking

peoples interest in computers / hacking leads to hacking

ps - sorry if that was just for billy

9. Lounge   -   #49
    BANNED
    So do you believe that parents who let their kids onto this forum. and P2P networks are being irresponsible then? Should we have under 18&#39;s on here? Are we, as adults, encouraging these kids to steal? Or is it their parents?

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    hmmm it seems like all anyone wants to do is debate Billy...

oh well... looks like its all yours Rikk...

keep up the good work...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast