Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phpbb

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Hey does anybody know how to set phpbb up. I am stuck.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    That's probably a good thing. If that's anything like our temp board, it's gonna be crap. Do you not want IPB?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Damn well it's been a while since I installed it but I still remeber most of it :
    Once you have downloaded the files from www.phpbb.com and unzip them and then need a to find a host that gives you mysql and .php support. Then you upload all the folders and name it something like /forums or /phpbb2 or whatever you then run the install.php file off course you go the url were it has been upload. You off course need your mysql details by now then you just fill out the installtion which asks for passwords, a username for admin etc . . . If you need more help I just reply or contact me on msn or something.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@2 December 2003 - 04:03
    That's probably a good thing. If that's anything like our temp board, it's gonna be crap. Do you not want IPB?
    Yes i want it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@2 December 2003 - 04:04
    Damn well it's been a while since I installed it but I still remeber most of it :
    Once you have downloaded the files from www.phpbb.com and unzip them and then need a to find a host that gives you mysql and .php support. Then you upload all the folders and name it something like /forums or /phpbb2 or whatever you then run the install.php file off course you go the url were it has been upload. You off course need your mysql details by now then you just fill out the installtion which asks for passwords, a username for admin etc . . . If you need more help I just reply or contact me on msn or something.
    I know that much but i don't know where to get the mysql info. I have two host that i have tried. Ones in spanish tho, so i cant' find any info

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Well it could be the same as your username and password but that is rare you need to find a english host and they will either give you the info when you register or email it to after you ask for mysql because sometimes you need to ask for it before they give it to you. Good luck I remeber having some hosts that had these features before but you need to ask for mysql and then they email you the info a few days(s) later.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@2 December 2003 - 04:14
    Well it could be the same as your username and password but that is rare you need to find a english host and they will either give you the info when you register or email it to after you ask for mysql because sometimes you need to ask for it before they give it to you. Good luck I remeber having some hosts that had these features before but you need to ask for mysql and then they email you the info a few days(s) later.
    Thanks i'll try that.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@2 December 2003 - 13:03
    Wha? You've never heard of phpBB?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Yeah I have. Don't like it at all. I prefer asp to php anyway but invision is not bad.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast