Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The All Official Non-official Alcohol Thread.

Poster
    well to be honest, I don't drink much at all....

every so often I'll have a couple of drinks but I can't remember the last time the room was spinning and my gut was churning...

The main reason I don't drink is my job.... I work in a pub... I see how stupid people get with a belly full of booze... I have stood in front of the door to stop customers from driving home.. hell I have even driven them home! I have cleaned up other peoples messes....

and it's like working in the candy shop.... the novelty wears off after a while...

I don't have a problem with alcohol... it pays my wages...

but I do have a problem with drink driving
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Just to make a point here that I tried to make above.

It&#39;s not the alcohol, it&#39;s the people, drink driving is a sucky thing to do, altho I have done it once, no excuse, just stupid.
    But these people who do it often it&#39;s because they are assholes, the drink is not at fault........adults should no their limits&#33;

Period

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    If people knew their limits, we would &#39;ve had worldpeace by now.

Yogs

4. Lounge   -   #14
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Alcohol can make people do crazy stupid things but I do agree with Jonno in the sense that it is dependent on the person doing the drinking.
    I witnessed a tragic event caused by someone under the influence (not driving realated) but I believe the same thing could of happened without the booze just maybe not that occasion. In the same note, not everyone that drinks (alcohol) is going to get in their car and drive after a night on the sauce.

I think an interesting question to ask at this point would be,
    "Why do we drink alcohol?"

I used to drink in social situations to overcome my shyness and it must of helped as I am able to hold conversations with strangers without the booze. So in my case a few weekends down the pub helped me.
    Now I drink everyday because it helps me deal with my life. Some might say I have become an alcoholic and I would agree. I&#39;m not nasty when I&#39;m drunk and I would never endanger anyones physical well-being so its never been adressed as a problem.

Wow this a heavy thread for the lounge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12