Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The All Official Non-official Alcohol Thread.

Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    It 's quite common on this board to state being under the influence of alcohol.

Nobody will comment.

Saying you drink alcohol is accepted.

Saying you're drunk is accepted.

Now read this:

From CNN:
    Between 1982 and 1993, 266,291 deaths in the United States were alcohol-related -- one fatality every 30 minutes.

Traffic fatalities in alcohol-related crashes rose by 4 percent from 1994 to 1995. The 17,274 alcohol-related fatalities in 1995 (41 percent of total traffic fatalities for the year) represent a 24 percent reduction from the 22,715 alcohol-related fatalities reported in 1985 (52 percent of the total).

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that alcohol was involved in 41 percent of fatal crashes and in 7 percent of all crashes in 1995.

The 17,274 fatalities in alcohol-related crashes during 1995 represent an average of one alcohol-related fatality every 30 minutes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More than 300,000 people were injured in crashes where police reported that alcohol was present -- an average of one person injured approximately every two minutes.

Approximately 1.4 million drivers were arrested in 1994 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. This is an arrest rate of one for every 127 licensed drivers in the United States.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 1995, 32 percent of all traffic fatalities occurred in crashes in which at least one driver or nonoccupant had a blood-alcohol content of .10 or greater. More than two-thirds of the 13,564 people killed in such crashes were themselves intoxicated. The remaining one-third were passengers, nonintoxicated drivers, or nonintoxicated nonoccupants.
    The rate of alcohol involvement in fatal crashes is three and one-third times as high at night as during the day (62.3 percent vs. 18.8 percent). For all crashes, the alcohol involvement rate is nearly five times as high at night (14 percent vs. 3 percent).

In 1995, 32 percent of all fatal crashes during the week were alcohol-related, compared to 54 percent on weekends. For all crashes, the alcohol involvement rate was 5 percent during the week and 11 percent during the weekend.
    In 1995, 32.5 percent of all fatal traffic accidents involved drivers with a blood-alcohol content of greater than .10.
    Note that these stats are from 95 and earlier.

And this is just about traffic.

Yogi

Edit:

More recent figures:

In the United States during 2001, 17,448 people were killed in alcohol-related accidents. This number accounted for 41% of all traffic deaths in the United States.  Unfortunately, this number is an increase of 5.2% from 1999 and a .4% increase from 2000.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Yup, alcohol is just as dangerous as 'drugs'.

Being the president of a students club people expect me to drink 'above average'. A few months ago we had this party were the presidency changes, it's some sort of tradition to get the new president as drunk as possible then. In the morning I woke up in the hallway, puke and piss all over the floor, it was just disgusting. I never reached THAT state using drugs..

My body was sore like a week afterwards, but this type of drinking seems to be accepted

3. Lounge   -   #3
    this type of drinking seems to be accepted
    Yeah i dont see why its so "cool" to be vomiting all night and smelling like shit.

"Hey look at me i got pissed last night and i woke up in some house and i dont remember a fucking thing"

Yeah really cool

4. Lounge   -   #4
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Heh and I got the pics

Seriously, drink is just as bad as drugs.........but define drugs!

You can't put Heroin in the same sentance as Canabis, yet they are both drugs, I've seen people freak out, throw up and get nasty thru just smoking pot, sounds weird I know but some people handle different substances differently.

I know a girl who can drink shorts all night and drink people under the table, but give her a half pint of larger and she can't walk.

I also know a girl who gets paralytic on Orange Juice (she's cheep to take out )

Smoking is bad, drinking is bad, drugs are bad, fatty food is bad etc etc

The trick is, to know your limit, Alcohol does'nt make people sick..........they make themselfs sick.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #5
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Do not have to read no statistics.....some of us have lived them.

Of course Drinking is bad.But we all have something in our life we can not let go of.I guess next somebody will make a "The All Official Non-official Gambling Thread" .

If the car manufacturers would all install breathalyzers in cars to prohibit a car from starting the World would be a better Place.But this will never happen.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@2 December 2003 - 13:25

If the car manufacturers would all install breathalyzers installed in cars to prohibit a car from starting the World would be a better Place.But this will never happen.
    No, cos that would cost too much money and from the Car manufacturers point of view, every time someone smashes up a car, they sell a new one..........so why would they want it stopped

And you're right FC, acording to the goodie goodies we should'nt smoke, drink, laugh , fart, shit, eat, sleep..........hell we may as well give up now

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Skweeky
    I never reached THAT state using drugs..
    You may not have done, but hundreds of thousands of others have ... it's called overdosing

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I hear you, Jonno.

But the amount of people killed in alcohol-related accidents includes many people

who did not drink at all........

I don't mind people poisoning themselfes, i do my fair share there.......

I do mind if it effects on many innocent bystanders......

Not to speak of beaten or raped children, wifes, etc. , etc.

How many times you read about a bunch of potheads being agressive due to their

smoking????

Peace,

Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+2 December 2003 - 08:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 2 December 2003 - 08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky
    I never reached THAT state using drugs..
    You may not have done, but hundreds of thousands of others have ... it&#39;s called overdosing[/b][/quote]
    Yep.....the ole Stomach Pump.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@2 December 2003 - 15:25
    Do not have to read no statistics.....some of us have lived them.

Of course Drinking is bad.But we all have something in our life we can not let go of.I guess next somebody will make a "The All Official Non-official Gambling Thread" .

If the car manufacturers would all install breathalyzers in cars to prohibit a car from starting the World would be a better Place.But this will never happen.
    How many Gambling related deaths reported in 2002???

And FC, i&#39;m not against drinking&#33;&#33;

I just started the thread, cos people allways tell about how terrible "other" drugs

are, when a "drug" thread is started.

While the same people have a bottle of bourbon next to their PC.

Yogs-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast