Thread: Film To Cd

ok.someone must no this.......ive dloaded film divx.ive encoded it but its to long a film to put on a cdr..is there anyway posible i can get it on 2 cds with my rewriter or do u need dvd writer.it encoded ok but tells me theres not enough room to write it to cd...any help would be welcome..thank you.from steve.newbie

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Use a program like VirtualDub or AVIcutter to cut the file into two parts.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    unless you encode it kvcd you will most likely need 2 disc for it to fit, kvcd in my sig
    and how did you encode it, I suggest tmpgenc to encode as vcd or svcd, it also has tools built in to split your encodd

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kvcd what layer mpeg is it ??? im guessing you need codecs to run it, so it wont run on a DVD player that capable of playing vcd's, svcds etc ???

Im too lazy to look this up

Im only really asking because he said he wanted it on cd'r so im guessing he also wants it to play in a standalone DVD player. And muchspl2 is advising to encode it to kvcd ??? (Im hoping it will work in my player)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    THANKS MATE ILL LOOK FOR AVICUTTER NOW...........FROM STEVE

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Nogimics@2 December 2003 - 17:50
    kvcd what layer mpeg is it ??? im guessing you need codecs to run it, so it wont run on a DVD player that capable of playing vcd's, svcds etc ???

Im only really asking because he said he wanted it on cd'r so im guessing he also wants it to play in a standalone DVD player. And muchspl2 is advising to encode it to kvcd ??? (Im hoping it will work in my player)
    again, kvcd in my sig B)
    it plays in standalone dvd players, most any that play vcd, and the quality is amazing

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yes mate...i used nero to encode and done it on vcd..dont no wat kvcd is.....sorry...thanks for keep replying

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2+2 December 2003 - 17:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 2 December 2003 - 17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nogimics@2 December 2003 - 17:50
    kvcd what layer mpeg is it ??? im guessing you need codecs to run it, so it wont run on a DVD player that capable of playing vcd&#39;s, svcds etc ???

Im only really asking because he said he wanted it on cd&#39;r so im guessing he also wants it to play in a standalone DVD player. And muchspl2 is advising to encode it to kvcd ??? (Im hoping it will work in my player)&nbsp;
    again, kvcd in my sig B)
    it plays in standalone dvd players, most any that play vcd, and the quality is amazing [/b][/quote]
    Just downloaded the Test Kvcd cd and ripped and tried it and

IT WORKED
    Looks nice quality so off I go in search off some movies in that format Nice one mate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    well suprnova has some kvcd and few other bt sites if you want them already made, its super easy to do your self, and you can do it with most any movie, the only one I had trouble with was lotrttt and that was just plain too big for 1 cd, so I used 2

ask if you have any problems are questions

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    just dloaded avisplitter off net but its trial..cant get second part of film done....lol..im hopeless sorry any suggestions..thanks again