Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadband Disconnects Using Kazaa

Kazaa is causing my broadband connection to disconnect after about 20mins, but it's not a fixed time, its quite random.
    It must be a problem with kazaa cos my connection is fine when im just surfing the web but when im downloading using kazaa it disconnects after about 20mins!!

Another problem is that it doesn't connect again, and i have to pull out the usb lead for the modem and put it back in to reset the connection.

Its doin my head in cos it means that if im downloading a large file and i go out, when i come back the internet has disconnected and ive only downloaded a few megs!

Someone please help, before i go insane!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    There's certainly no reason why Kazaa would disconnect your broadband but some of the ISP's are trying to stop Peer2Peer sharing and are filtering the ports used by Kazaa, Emule etc.

Try changing the port that Kazaa connects on.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    More than likely it is your ISP doing it because they are monitoring traffic for P2P. Call them and ask them.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    also run the wizzard and set the correct download/upload speed, then lower your upload bandwidth in the options, don't download/upload too many files at once

if you still go the problem try the netlimiter

ofcourse this is only after you called your isp and made sure they are not caping kazaa or p2p

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Is my ISP allowed to just disconnect me like that?

I dont know much about ports to be honest, what port could i change to so that they cant stop me file sharing?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by The_Weedman@3 December 2003 - 10:56
    Is my ISP allowed to just disconnect me like that?

I dont know much about ports to be honest, what port could i change to so that they cant stop me file sharing?
    depends on the program but like i said there is no point on doing anything untill you call your isp

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I contacted my ISP and they said they dont filter anything for file sharing or p2p and it should work ok.
    Are there any settings i could change that might help?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by The_Weedman@4 December 2003 - 10:21
    I contacted my ISP and they said they dont filter anything for file sharing or p2p and it should work ok.
    Are there any settings i could change that might help?
    ok get netlimiter and start with a slow upload speed and raise it slowly and find a point where klite does not disconnect, also don't download too much either and dont run too many programs that use bandwidth at the same time

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I tried using Kazaa as well as Kazaa Lite and I get the same problem.

Is there anything else i can try before using netlimiter?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by The_Weedman@4 December 2003 - 15:34
    I tried using Kazaa as well as Kazaa Lite and I get the same problem.

Is there anything else i can try before using netlimiter?
    First I suggest running ad-aware or spybot to get the spyware from regular kazaa out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast