Thread: Xbox Goldeneye 007 Remake

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    The upload, which we discovered on a publicly available site without any passwords or logins, includes an NFO file dated August 24, 2007, complete with an elaborate ASCII-art title card that you might expect from a hacking or game-ripping group. This one has a unique name, however, that we haven't seen before: "Fyodorovna." If that name escapes you, it's the middle name of fictional Bond character Natalya Simonova, who figures largely in the film and video game of the same name.

The resulting 7Z file weighs in at 231MB and contains a folder simply titled "Bean," which was the game's original codename—and its name on the deprecated Xbox 360 Partnernet service, which the attached NFO says these files were sourced from in August 2007. Partnernet was previously used by owners of Xbox 360 development kits to share in-development game projects, but its access was shut down near the end of the Xbox 360's lifecycle after game leaks were attributed to its unprotected file-sharing ecosystem.

I easily booted the game's files on the Xenia emulator using Windows 10 with zero tweaks or workarounds on my end—due in part to the enclosed ROM being patched to not require use of an Xbox 360 dev kit. Other than a few stutters while the game loads mid-mission assets or sound effects into memory, everything seems to work swimmingly, even when maxing Xenia into a 4K full-screen window on my RTX 3080 testing rig.
    --> https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...-for-xbox-360/

Get it while it's hot: https://archive.org/download/007XBLA

Last edited by Caballero; 02-03-2021 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Games   -   #2
    Great memories from the N64 era !

3. Games   -   #3
    This game has one of the greatest soundtracks ever made.