Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: The Trashing Of The Kyoto Treaty

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley@11 December 2003 - 15:05
    Edinburgh, please let it be Edinburgh.

(Pronounced Edin Bureaux in the ewe essay.)
    Perhaps we (the U.S.) could arrange a special one-time-only emission of GHG to be anchored in geo-synchronous orbit at whatever glacial latitude constitutes the closest northern approach to Edinburgh?

I will see if my auspices are sufficient, Fugs, but remember:

This will probably represent the bulk of my Christmas goodwill toward you-mayhaps a fruitcake if you are especially good.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I rather like Edinburgh - ok some of the Moringside worthys are straight from "The prime of Miss Jean Brodie" but the city itself is rather beautiful.

I suspect JP is of Govan ilk or something similar and a prejudice or two is showing around the edges (or straight up the middle).

Water being water I think there is every probability that the lowest lying cities will get their feet wet first (unless the laws of physics have changed in these more politically correct educational days).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@11 December 2003 - 23:34

I rather like Edinburgh - ok some of the Moringside worthys are straight from "The prime of Miss Jean Brodie" but the city itself is rather beautiful.

I suspect JP is of Govan ilk or something similar and a prejudice or two is showing around the edges (or straight up the middle).

Water being water I think there is every probability that the lowest lying cities will get their feet wet first (unless the laws of physics have changed in these more politically correct educational days).
    Edinburgh is Twee beyond Tweedom. The Tweenies come from Edinburgh. They plant Twees in Edinburgh. Everyone wears Tweed. They all think they are Tweemendous.They Tweek their PC PC's.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J'Pol@11 December 2003 - 18:52
    Edinburgh is Twee beyond Tweedom. The Tweenies come from Edinburgh. They plant Twees in Edinburgh. Everyone wears Tweed. They all think they are Tweemendous.They Tweek their PC PC's.
    REALLY?!?!?

Gosh, I had no idea......
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Ok...

That was.....

quite funny!

I am not from Edinburgh, but I still like it as a city. However, I am a teuchter so what do I know - we even ate tweed when I was a kid (or at least it seemed like it).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789