Thread: Photoshop7 Dl Stays .dat File

I've bee searching this board looking for the answer but didn't find any.
    I just downloaded photoshop 7 (verified) but it doesn't turn up.It's a file I should open with wrar but it's still a .dat file.
    I read that it can take a while before it changes to what it's supposed to be,but it's been half an hour since it finished.I also read that I should rename the file but I'm not sure how to do that and in what I should rename it.
    Any suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I had the same problem with a movie i downloaded and it stayed as a dat file.
    What i di was that i changed the file extension from .dat to .avi and it solved my problem.

Maybe you can change its extension to .rar or something else. Try it, but remember to back up your file before you try it.

hope it helpes

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    and how and where should I rename the file extension.
    because it only says:
    download1700.....
    DAT-file
    164.324kb

I don't see any extension.

I know this all sounds very noobish but I don't have too much knowledge about this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    the file length is correct, but it should be an .exe file

changing the file extention will not help though, try rebooting your comp and see if it mysteriously sorts itself out - otherwise you have got corruption

Photoshop CS (8) is the newest version, its in the verifieds - and it works

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@2 December 2003 - 21:54
    the file length is correct, but it should be an .exe file

changing the file extention will not help though, try rebooting your comp and see if it mysteriously sorts itself out - otherwise you have got corruption

Photoshop CS (8) is the newest version, its in the verifieds - and it works
    Thnx a lot
    I already tried to reboot hoping for it to sort itself out but that didn't work.
    I'll think I'll have a look at that newest version.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    make sure u clear it from downloads in kazaa, re-open kazaa play a song or open a file in theatre close kazaa and i bet its fixed

if its not oh well

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well,I'm downloading the same file again along with CS.
    Maybe it got corrupted because I got disconnected from the internet twice during the first dl.Or is that not possible?I heard that it was possible that if you don't download the thing in one go it could get corrupted?
    Anyway,it's the only verified that has plenty of sources.I downloaded the whole file in less than half an hour and the other one isn't doing anything.
    So my guess is,if it has so many sources it can't be THAT bad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ok.Just finished downloading the thing again,and it came out perfect B)
    So I think it's because I didn't dl the thing in one go.
    Just thought you should know....if you're dl software make sure you get it all in one go otherwise your file might get corrupted.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    This sometimes happens to me with really large files. Dont worry cos its not a problem.

Make sure explorer is displaying file extensions. If not unclick:

Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide Extensions for known file types

Then rename the file to the supposed file type

ie test.dat > test.rar or watever and it will all work