Thread: Help

i left my pc running last night as i was downloading a large file, but this morning i found five files that had downloaded to my shared folder that i never ever searched for such as personal firewall, abode photo shop ect they were all exe self extractors the funny thing was only one was visible with win explorer the others i saw by accident with nero i deleted them all but my question is how did they get there its worrying me a bit what is the plan behind sending me these files any advice would be much welcome.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    VIRUS, do an update on your anti virus software and then do a full system scan. While your at it download and run adaware too just in case.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    You should also do a Trojan sweep:
    Anti-Trojan 5.5 B)

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    thanks you were spot on there mate i had the kindala worm, whatever that is ,i went to an online scan and it was in five locations plus a couple of trojans,
    these prats that make these viruses should attack all the scumware and adware tossers then they would get a pat on the back in place of prison or a fine.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    glad you got if fixed. Install a good anti virus program on your computer and keep it up to date to make sure you do not get infected again. Norton or Mcafee is good.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by firefox@2 December 2003 - 22:29
    glad you got if fixed. Install a good anti virus program on your computer and keep it up to date to make sure you do not get infected again. Norton or Mcafee is good.
    go with avg if ur worried about resources, though

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Activate your resident virus scanner.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Remember to turn off then turn back on (if you want it on)system restore so that Windows does not save a copy of the infection

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    alwasy make sure you have and keep an upto date av boss you never know where its going to come from